i ( i mean you - the real i) prefer

abba
Total votes: 32 (65%)
soundgarden
Total votes: 17 (35%)
Total votes: 49

either-or: Soundgarden vs. Abba

wow, i didn't know so many people liked abba. i still think they're wack, no matter how many squillions of albums they've sold. need i mention how many crap albums have sold squillions? i also didn't know i'd invoke such vitriol. who'd have thought a board of melvins mavens and helmet hooligans would be so rife with dancing queens (or kings, if you prefer). i've no beef with disco, but give me heatwave, or "ain't no stoppin' us now", or even "we're gonna boogie-oogie-oogie 'til you just can't boogie no more" over abba. for what it's worth i did notice that bjork's "big time sensuality" keyboard groove is derivative of abba's "the name of the game".

hell, i'll take soundgarden over most helmet. is someone taking a hit out on me? that's not nice! where's that dude who liked "4th of july"? he know's know what i'm talking about. "4th of july" -- good song.

si-maro wrote:How is that song a "disaster"?

it's bad disco SLOWED DOWN, so that it unfolds like some kind of horrible flashback or nightmare. basically it sounds to me like the part in Carrie right before the blood flies everywhere. that's how it's a disaster -- maybe if the song actually went in that direction and sonically represented the blood flying everywhere, i'd be more appreciative... i guess this could be done by some cleverly edited transition into say, a 1349 song. where's that guy with the "i breathe spears" sig?

Dancing Queen must actually be shit. I think we've been wrong all these years guys. Those insane arrangements? Nah they're crap. The majestic and impossible to decipher harmonies? Rubbish i tell you.

It also turns out that Dancing Queen does not infact have the best sounding hi-hat of all time. It was all an elaborate music industry hoax.

S.O.S. is a pile of poo as well before you come back at me with that one. I'm off to find a dark green jumper so i can rip some holes in the cuffs, then stick my thumbs in them.
Last edited by Surfrider_Archive on Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're a shit DM and i want my pizza money back.

Y'all are retarded. Abba is some lame pop band with keyboards and toomanycompilations. Soundgarden has Kim Thayil and Matt Cameron. Sure, "Spoonman" has stupid vocals and lyrics, but the riff and the drumming are great. And Chris Cornell may be a lamer, but he's friends with Sam "Big Smooth" Perkins, and I don't think anyone in ABBA is.

Soundgarden was the coolest band name ever when I was 12. "So mellow."

Abba are much better than Soundgarden. Abba's music is darker, weirder, catchier, bigger, purer, sadder, happier, more magical, more majestic, more haunting, more desperate, more timeless, more confusing, more evocative, more transcendental, more universal and more consistent than Soundgarden's.

BClark wrote:maybe after this, i will post my own either/or thread: dolphins vs. paperclips!

If you posted this, I would pick dolphins. Welcome to C/NC!
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

run joe, run wrote:
BClark wrote:maybe after this, i will post my own either/or thread: dolphins vs. paperclips!

If you posted this, I would pick dolphins. Welcome to C/NC!

i was thinking about it too, i don't work in an office so paperclips are not a nesseccary tool in my life, although they can be useful. as for doliphins, i haven't even seen a dolphin in my life, but my overall feeling, based on discovery channel movies, is they are absolutely not crap. and somewhat much more positive than paperclips, so i would pick dolphins.