Smiths, The

CRAP
Total votes: 52 (31%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 118 (69%)
Total votes: 170

Band: Smiths, The

BadComrade wrote:
Peripatetic wrote:As did your boy Dulli, Major.

Oh god... Major likes Greg "hey baby, what are you doin' after the show? Nothing, how about me?" Dulli's music?

That's all I needed to hear.

Major's like of Greg "I used to not be very fat, but now I'm a fat disgusting slob" Dulli goes far beyond "like".

"Worship" maybe.
drew patrick wrote:Peripatetic will win.

MajorEverettMiller wrote:
Peripatetic wrote:
BadComrade wrote:Anthrax covered a Smith's song for fuck's sake.

As did your boy Dulli, Major.

Greg Dulli would cover Mise en Place if he thought it would get his fat ass laid.

Greg Dulli couldn't cover Mise en Place. He wouldn't be able to find a drummer who could pull it off.
drew patrick wrote:Peripatetic will win.

The Smiths changed the world -- they really were the precursor to so many whiny-bitch bands that we could not have lived without. Basically, The Smiths are to my life what Ratt was to my aunt's life: a dubbed tape in a shoebox in a closet I've forgotten, and that tape is staying in the closet.

NOT CRAP.

Morrissey? CRAP squared.

Yes, I like Greg Dulli, but I eventually grew tired of his "I'm so tortured and sexy, please do me" schtick.

Haven't you gotten tired of Morrissey's "Oh, I'm so sad, nobody loves me and nobody ever has loved me and nobody ever will love and oh why oh why oh why, am I gay or straight oh why oh why, cruel world" schtick?

If you're going to try an convince me that Morrissey/The Smiths are good then you may as well try and convince me that bananas are delicious, because they're not.
**Do we need the other Chemical Bros. records??