Smiths, The

CRAP
Total votes: 52 (31%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 118 (69%)
Total votes: 170

Band: Smiths, The

Chapter Two wrote:
Limmo wrote: After trying many, many times to enjoy them, I've come to realize that I cannot, just as I cannot eat bananas without gagging.

You know you're meant to bite and chew them don't you?

Really? No wonder! Could that be my problem with kielbasas and peeled cucumbers too?

Maybe I should like the Smiths more.

MajorEverettMiller wrote:
3volvos wrote:
Hosoi wrote:I've decided that they're gay. Which would be fine if they didn't suck, or at least admitted to sucking something.

I thought they were okay until today. I heard them coming from a different room. All I could hear were violins, tambourines, and xylophones. And crying. I swear I heard crying.

What song was that?

Pick a Smiths song, ANY Smiths song.

That's what it was.

God I fucking hate this band.

That's too bad you've never heard a Smiths song. Your revulsion towards something with which you're obviously unfamiliar is like that video by Nada Surf ("Popular") where the football players are all tough & hetero on the outside, but when shower time comes around, watch out! Soapy, huh!
Point being you'd probably love the band if you dropped the bullshit.

3volvos wrote:
MajorEverettMiller wrote:
3volvos wrote:
Hosoi wrote:I've decided that they're gay. Which would be fine if they didn't suck, or at least admitted to sucking something.

I thought they were okay until today. I heard them coming from a different room. All I could hear were violins, tambourines, and xylophones. And crying. I swear I heard crying.

What song was that?

Pick a Smiths song, ANY Smiths song.

That's what it was.

God I fucking hate this band.

That's too bad you've never heard a Smiths song. Your revulsion towards something with which you're obviously unfamiliar is like that video by Nada Surf ("Popular") where the football players are all tough & hetero on the outside, but when shower time comes around, watch out! Soapy, huh!
Point being you'd probably love the band if you dropped the bullshit.

Dear Fuck-o,

If you would have read through the entire thread you would have noticed my post(s) stating that I HAVE, in fact, given the Smiths a chance(s) over the years but simply don't like them/don't get it.

I could probably name 20 or so Smiths songs (maybe even some of Morrissey's solo stuff) off of the top of my head because 1. I've actually listened to some of it BY CHOICE and 2. Regardless of the fact that I can't stand it I seem to hear it a lot thanks to friends and lousy barroom jukeboxes.

And I can't help but get the sense that you were one of the guys that got beat up by the closet-homosexual football players, because why the hell else would you bring up a Nada Surf video?

I can't drop the bullshit because I never picked it up.

Death to Morrissey.

Love,

Major
**Do we need the other Chemical Bros. records??

Could everyone get over themselves about this Smiths business? We all can agree on one thing: whether you think the Smiths are crap or not, you're ashamed that you've ever listened them.

Rhetorical question: Does Morrissey believe in the concept of the metaphor?

Non-rhetorical question: Did anyone watch FALCON BEACH on Monday night?[/quote]

SM57 wrote:Could everyone get over themselves about this Smiths business? We all can agree on one thing: whether you think the Smiths are crap or not, you're ashamed that you've ever listened them.

Rhetorical question: Does Morrissey believe in the concept of the metaphor?

Oh, SM57...an affordable, consumer-grade, harsh-sounding microphone after my own heart.
**Do we need the other Chemical Bros. records??