Bands producing quality work on major labels?

Many bands, after signing to a major label, create the worst records of their career, subsequently falling into obscurity/dropping from their label. This, however, is not always the case. This thread is for the discussion of bands that, despite the failings of others while dealing with major labels, produce their best work while signed to a major label.

Helmet
The music they created in the early, pre Interscope days was great. Songs like Blacktop and Bad Mood were my first exposure to Helmet, and I still enjoy their early material to this day but, in all honesty, I think Betty is their best album. It was definitely the turning point in their career but, considering the direction they took after Betty, many fans may not be to pleased with the record itself. Regardless of the records following it, I still think Betty is the best Helmet album to date.

Built To Spill
There's Nothing Wrong With Love is not a terrible album by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think it holds a candle to either Perfect From Now On or Keep It Like a Secret. I'm not to fond of their later albums, but the two aforementioned Warner Bros. albums are great examples of their musical talent.

Major labels have ruined plenty of bands, but there are some who have done well on major labels.

Bands producing quality work on major labels?

I don't think Firehose suffered creatively in any way from signing with Columbia. Flying the Flannel stands up with their previous albums. I'm not sure what the motivating force was in getting J. Mascis to be on Mr Machinery Operator, but personally I think that's a great album too, and anyway, the creative ramifications of getting Mascis on board is a different thing to making a major label record. Watt's still on Columbia and still making the records he wants to make. I've never read any interviews regarding the decision to be on a major though, so there's still a question in my mind about that.