Guitars that are-were inexplicably unpopular-unfashionable.

kerble wrote:this one:

it's mine. I've never seen another one like it (including online, sans one that was kinda close, but had the black jetglo finish-ugh). Hamburg 220 from 1993. I love it and I would never part with it. Ill sustain, great midrange, superb tone with flatwounds.

Nice. I'm curious--since the Ricks have the reputation for brightness, do you find that the flatwounds mitigate that a bit, bringing the highs down into the realm of reasonability, or is the improvement with flatwounds in some other direction?
http://mauricerickard.com/ | http://onezeromusic.com/

There was a guitar designed and made in Scotland which was rare called the Bond Electraglide.

Carbon fibre, and bright sounding:

BOND ElectraGlide... in Black. High tech, molded carbon fiber solidbody. Black matte finish modular construction neck with stepped fingerboard, dot inlays with 3 at the 12th fret. LED pickup monitor with digital controls. 3 single coils with multiple pickup & patch combinations. Stop tailpiece, roller bridge, Schaller gears. 1985 NM OHSC

vockins wrote:
kerble wrote:I want this one next:

Those are great. I see them going for $500 all the time, which is a fantastic deal for a guitar of that quality. Atypical of a Rickenbacker sound/build quality (300s and 600s seem to be all over the board, some sound great, built well, others aren't so good). The neck profile is a little weird for some people, but I like it.

[sells kidney]

are those ebay prices or at stores? It's cheap enough where I'd buy one without playing it, as they seem to sell for as much as you'd pay for one.
kerble is right.

vockins wrote:
kerble wrote:
are those ebay prices or at stores? It's cheap enough where I'd buy one without playing it, as they seem to sell for as much as you'd pay for one.
Both. I think they sell for $8-900 brand new. Nobody famous plays one, and the necks are a little weird at first, so I think the depreciation is significant.

yah, it's the neck-thru construction, methinks. it had the same width/radius as my Hamburg, give or take.

man, I wish I was upwardly mobile. those are so beautiful.
kerble is right.