Is Israel in the midst of perpetrating terror attacks?

scott wrote:It's times like this I wish the US would just nuke Israel and put an end to all this bullshit. Then the world could rest easy.

I love it.

Rimbaud III wrote:
Conspiracy theorists might suggest that attacks on Syria and the Labianon are part of a wider US-encouraged initiative to draw Iran into the fray. You know, giving them a 'legitimate' reason to twat them.

That's what conspiracy theorists might say.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Where's Mr. Clocker Bob

Rimbaud III wrote:
Labianon.

Shouldn't this be in the "Name my Band" thread

Yeah nuking Israel would be an interesting twist....better yet, we could have a world gladiator tournament to the death! The finale would happen with all the leaders in an all out battle royale. There would be no guns; just swords, spears, knives, kung fu etc. They could hold it in a "neutral" country like Switzerland and sell tickets. The proceeds would be split amongst the participating countries (according to placement in the tournament). The money would go to pay off debt and for education....

I don't know, just a thought.

Yeah KILL!

beelzebubbles wrote:Yeah nuking Israel would be an interesting twist....better yet, we could have a world gladiator tournament to the death! The finale would happen with all the leaders in an all out battle royale. There would be no guns; just swords, spears, knives, kung fu etc. They could hold it in a "neutral" country like Switzerland and sell tickets. The proceeds would be split amongst the participating countries (according to placement in the tournament). The money would go to pay off debt and for education....

I don't know, just a thought.

Yeah KILL!

I'd be up for this.

It'd be like that Frankie Goes to Hollywood video.

Obviously, I'm against the bombing of the airport as well. Whenever innocent civilains are punished (on either side), nothing good can come of it.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think Israel should have responded to the attacks?

Negotiate a prsoner swap? Do you think this would encourage future attacks?

Attack only Hezbollah? (Is this even possible?)

Attack Lebanese government installations? (Do you think they are complicit in Hezbollah's actions?)

Anything else?
Eat me.

Rimbaud III wrote:Conspiracy theorists might suggest that attacks on Syria and the Labianon are part of a wider US-encouraged initiative to draw Iran into the fray. You know, giving them a 'legitimate' reason to twat them.

That's what conspiracy theorists might say.

That is exactly right. The US doesn't care much for Northern Iran. They would prefer to have the Iranian defenses occupied watching/involved in the Syria/Israel/Lebanon skirmishes, while the US and the Brits chop off the Khuzestan province in the south, entering through the one part of Iraq ( besides the Kurdish region ) that is stable and snatching up that oil-rich region and their main export point.

Iran attempts to counter, they're exposing themselves for the Israelis to swoop in and pop Tehran or the 2010 uranium centrifuges.

AlBStern wrote:Obviously, I'm against the bombing of the airport as well. Whenever innocent civilains are punished (on either side), nothing good can come of it.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think Israel should have responded to the attacks?

Negotiate a prsoner swap? Do you think this would encourage future attacks?

Attack only Hezbollah? (Is this even possible?)

Attack Lebanese government installations? (Do you think they are complicit in Hezbollah's actions?)

Anything else?

Attacking Syria. Not that I'm for it or against it or anything. Just throwing it out there as something else.
Why do you make it so scary to post here.

Martin van Creveld, professor of military history at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem as quoted in an article by David Hirst and published in the UK Observer on Sunday September 21, 2003 wrote:

'We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan:

"Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."

I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.'

Grabbed from Mike Rivero's site-CB

Scott, if you're reading this, can you fix the spelling of Israel in the header?