Nomeansno?

CRAP
Total votes: 7 (8%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 81 (92%)
Total votes: 88

Band: Nomeansno

urgh, um, the store release date is actually next month. (i, uh, you see, bought one of the first copies for sale at the recent BC tour... :D)

The more I listen to this, the more it sounds like a really fucked up children's album... maybe the previous albums were like that too, but this one sounds slicker, so that quality stands out more now...(?) which I don't mind, but YMMV of course. (Then again, the biggest complaint I heard about the band is that Rob sounds like too much like a Muppet, so if you can get past that...)
"Pro Tools is too California Hollywood bullshit.”

After lots of listens, Ive come to the conclusion that Why Do They Call Me Mr. Happy? is the best of all their albums. Its very evenly balanced in terms of songs, and it plays amazingly from start to finish. You get The River, Slowly Melting, Land of the Living, and a bunch more classic tunes.

I know theyre playing Montreal on tour soon, and this time I wont be so stupid to miss them because of math homework. Thats right, world's biggest idiot right here...missed them because of math homework.

chet wrote: Thats right, world's biggest idiot right here...missed them because of math homework.

They had a t-shirt around the time of 0+2=1 that was exactly like the Rollins band t-shirts going around at the time, but instead of saying 'part animal, part machine' on the front it read 'all human', and on the back, over the top of the big black sun, instead of 'SEARCH AND DESTROY', it said 'stay at home - read a book'. So maybe you did the right thing. Although I doubt it.

chet wrote:After lots of listens, Ive come to the conclusion that Why Do They Call Me Mr. Happy? is the best of all their albums. Its very evenly balanced in terms of songs, and it plays amazingly from start to finish. You get The River, Slowly Melting, Land of the Living, and a bunch more classic tunes.

I agree completely with what you said and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture

Chapter Two wrote:
chet wrote: Thats right, world's biggest idiot right here...missed them because of math homework.

They had a t-shirt around the time of 0+2=1 that was exactly like the Rollins band t-shirts going around at the time, but instead of saying 'part animal, part machine' on the front it read 'all human', and on the back, over the top of the big black sun, instead of 'SEARCH AND DESTROY', it said 'stay at home - read a book'. So maybe you did the right thing. Although I doubt it.

I have seen the T-shirt from the Wrong era around Montreal, and if I remember correctly on the back it says in giant letters -

"BE STRONG. BE WRONG."

Totally awesome.