HEH SEUSS LIZARD

liar.
because gladiator is on it.
and gladiator is one of the finest songs ever recorded.

every single time i've been to the dentist since i got this on cassette when it first came out i've made the hygenist put it in their tapedeck thing so i can listen to it on their shitty headphones as they pump me full of nitrous and drill away at my teeth.

great, i thought i had made all my vinyl purchases for the weekend but now it looks like i'm going to have to scour nyc for a copy of this.
i swear this is the last time i post here.

HEH SEUSS LIZARD

update on my search for "liar" on vinyl:

bleeker bob's -didn't have it
bleeker street records -didn't have it
subterranean records -didn't have it
generation records -didn't have it
earwax -didn't have it
acadamy records -didn't have it
eat, at joe's -didn't have it
beacon's closet -didn't have it
sound fix -didn't have it
so i ended up buying it on cd. along with like $75 worth of other shit.
(and i thought nyc had everything. i swear to god, it's so hard to find shit here sometimes.)
i swear this is the last time i post here.

HEH SEUSS LIZARD

The music of the JESUS LIZARD changed my life. I saw them live twice, '92+'93. The first thing I heard by them was the PURE ep. To me, it sounded like BIG BLACK with honky-tonk thrown in. When I heard HEAD (picture disc), I was at first confounded by the mix of the Cage-like
sense of space and the rock dynamics, but I was soon blown away. Even though I love all of the Touch and Go stuff, I would have to say that my favorite album by them is HEAD. If you ask me, the problem with BLUE and SHOT is that they lost that sophisticated edge that set them apart from all the other bands. I'd have to guess that that is what happens when you make a deliberate attempt to "go metal". David Yow is one of the greatest vocalists of all time. What a sense of range and dynamics. :)

HEH SEUSS LIZARD

iodizedsalt wrote:update on my search for "liar" on vinyl:

bleeker bob's -didn't have it
bleeker street records -didn't have it
subterranean records -didn't have it
generation records -didn't have it
earwax -didn't have it
acadamy records -didn't have it
eat, at joe's -didn't have it
beacon's closet -didn't have it
sound fix -didn't have it
so i ended up buying it on cd. along with like $75 worth of other shit.
(and i thought nyc had everything. i swear to god, it's so hard to find shit here sometimes.)

i just bought it on vinyl in nyc... at Mondo Kim's Video. Last copy though, sorry