Im off to my first Shellac gig soon, what should i expect?

Have a good time.

The first time I saw Shellac was in Fargo, ND with Six Finger Sat..

It was maybe the 3rd punk rock show I'd even seen. Without getting too flowery, it made a big impact on my brain.

It was the repition, mostly. Those type of patterns I hadn't heard before, at least not at that volume. Something about "Didn't we...." made eveyone just sort of stare and rock back and forth. It was really strange. There was a story told about a man building a plane in his basement and losing two fingers and a wife during "Wingwalker".

I was, what, 18 or 19 at the time. Not to make too much of a rock show, but it was certainly a watershed moment.

NOW, remember, sheltered small town kid, middle of fuckall, and then being confronted with such a tremendously great band live. It was all pretty neat.

So, that's my story.

I've seen them 4 times since. Each time has been special. The Brick Layer Cake, Blonde Redhead, Shellac show at 7th St. Entry in Minneapolis, MN was really, really special, though.

Have a good time, and enjoy yourself.

Ike in Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Im off to my first Shellac gig soon, what should i expect?

Im going to be cheeky and try and use my english girlie charm and say Mr Albini if your reading this, im coming to see you play at the Scala in london in december and i would love to be able to come and meet you guys with my friend who is a huge Shellac fan. I thought that even if you say no at least ive asked, sorry if this sounds cheecky but hey if you say yes its not every day i get to meet such a cool person in music.
lynx