Stryper
Total votes: 1 (4%)
Nelson
Weezer
Total votes: 28

Worst band ever

The Shaggs might be the worst band in the history of rock and roll.

The Shaggs, coincidentally, also might be the best band in the history of rock and roll.

Quotable. Kudos, Bradley.

There are some punk bands that tread similar ground. Germs, anyone?

No, come now: Anal Cunt!

He he.

Worst band ever

hands down worst band ever.

flaw

close second, trapt.

closer third, former roadrunnner recording artist dry kill logic. most memorable lyric, "you plus me equals nightmare" whispered, then yelled in classic cookie monster vocals. awesome stuff.

creed and three doors down are in the top ten as well.

Worst band ever

heh, I wasn't really trying to get a concensus on what the worst band ever was (althought it's a pretty good and suprisingly un-done topic). I was just stating a fact. Five for Fighting is the worst band ever.

Consider the evidence.

1: The guy sings in a wannabe falsetto\eddie vedder voice
2: There is piano which has NEVER been used well in a pop song, let alone a pop group. (fact).
3: They are one of three bands out there (that I know of) that has a number in their name AND has a song about superman (the others being Matchbox 20 and 3 Doors Down, also horrible horrible bands).
4: Their initials are FFF which is the grade they get. An FFF...-!
5: The combined crappiness of articles 1-4 combine to form a new level of crappiness that is so crappy that it becomes its own entity.

I mean, seriously, no matter how much the Rolling Stones or Grateful Dead or Aerosmith suck, they can't even hold a sucky candle to Five for Fighting. The only band that comes close is The Eagles. They do have longevity on their side. (sortof- if you don't count breakups and reunions). But consider this: If Five For Fighting lasts as long as the Eagles have, god help us. It'll be the musical version of a nuclear winter.

Worst band ever

Mr. Chimp wrote:NELSON.

We played the "worst band ever" game one time at Electrical.

I offered up Nelson as a candidate for worst band of all time. However, and as was rightly pointed out to me, Nelson cannot be the worst band of all time. Why? Because they have an element of comedy to them. Their father, Ricky Nelson, died in a plane crash, and the crash was allegedly caused by a cabin fire started by Mr. Nelson and his band while freebasing cocaine. Although this story is most likely false, the rumor persists. And that is funny.

My second suggestion was Weezer. Again, I was corrected. Why is Weezer not the worst band of all time? Because Rivers Cuomo has one leg longer than the other one, and even after having subjected himself to horrific surgery (i.e., surgeons fractured his short leg and attempted to extend it with metal rods), the malady persisted. Again, funny.

So although they are very worthy candidates, Nelson and Weezer are out as candidates for the worst band of all time.

Worst band ever

Tom wrote:But consider this: If Five For Fighting lasts as long as the Eagles have, god help us. It'll be the musical version of a nuclear winter.

Well, yeah, state a hypothetical. Dude, hypothetically, if the members of Hanson had stayed the same age, and somehow were able to release like ten more albums of that stuff, I would have gone on a killing spree. If that "Hmm, hmm, hmm-mmm" shit-sandwich band from the nineties had stuck it out, the world might have ended. If Five for fighting end up doing anything other than working at Payless (not that there's anything wrong with Payless...), I'll start praying to Allah to forgive my heathen soul. But those are all "ifs". Like my dad used to tell me when I'd ask for the Atari for Christmas, "We deal with reality in this house, son." Then I'd go to my room and sob gently...

But that's beside the point! The point is, I've only heard Five for Fighting like twice. Oh, sure, I could taste the bile, but I can't remember the songs now. I'm good. No lasting ill effects from that band at all. But how many times have I had to suffer through "Desperado" or "Hotel California" and the ensuing, insidious echo. I actually still wonder what a "Calitas" is. Shit. Now that awful mess is stuck. Where's the post office?
If it wasn't for landlords, there would have been no Karl Marx.

Worst band ever

There isn’t a single band mentioned in this thread that I don’t think has real musical talent. Plus, I really love them. You guys think you’re so smart and I guess that’s what you think. I for one (two?) think music is subjective, just like taste – right?

There’s this Aerosmith song, “Jenny’s Got a Gun.â€