What Music Do You Recommend For When You re Pissed Off?

This is funny. How come so many of the recommendations on this list are about angry music that was made over 10 years ago?

Are people unaware of the phenomenal aggressive music that's being written and played right now?

Here's a few things I like about Bedhead - it's deliberate, centered around rhythm, the songs are structured around intent rather than formula (I might be repeating the deliberate part with this) and it is not classifiable as a genre.

(By this last, point, I'll point out a difference between Spiderland and Goat. Goat is a nearly perfect rock record. Spiderland is not a rock record - I don't know what kind of nearly perfect it is, but it is.)

So here's a few recent, angry records that meet the same criteria -

Knut - Challenger. Nearly corrosive mid-treble blare. This is what Scratch Acid probably sounded like to people 20 odd years ago.

Baroness - Second. More metal, as you'll probably guess from the cover. I like to say to people "they're like Mastadon, only good."

Shitmat - Full English Breakfast. Nauseating English breakcore. As in the "I drank too much and now the room's spinning and I can't take it" kind of nauseating. The guy has a sense of humor.

An Albatross - We Are the Lazer Viking. Spazz music. They come across as way more passionate than the Locust. Or so it seems to me.

Of course, if you want to go for "Best in Show" of the hardcore variety, you won't be disappointed with Converge's "Jane Doe". As AQ records would say - It's soooo good.

If you want to go more metal with this whole thing, just let me know.

Let.

Me.

Know.

As for the rest of you, update your fucking record collections already. Shit, someone's gonna recommend Hammerhead to this guy or something. "I heard a song of theirs off an old AmRep comp and it really rocked."

IT'S 2006, PEOPLE. GO BY SOME ANB FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

= Justin

Justin from Queens wrote:This is funny. How come so many of the recommendations on this list are about angry music that was made over 10 years ago?

Are people unaware of the phenomenal aggressive music that's being written and played right now?

IT'S 2006, PEOPLE. GO BY SOME ANB FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

= Justin

I`ve recommended the songs that I consider masterpieces,therefore I find It atemporal.
Agressivity Itself doesn`t make a good song .

Anything by Khanate, because it's pretty intense and angry, but really slow so it calms me down too.

Any Arab on Radar after Soak the Saddle (but its all good)

Seconded on the Noxagt, their new self titled is really good too.

And STNNNG. Only heard Dignified Sissy and its great. I admit my copy is less than legitimate (I haven't seen any copies around here) but plan on purchasing it as soon as I can, cause its freakin great. (Edit: Just did a search to find this, but the label says only cds and record pressed by band. If any body can help me find this I'd appreciate it very much.)