Nomeansno?

CRAP
Total votes: 7 (8%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 81 (92%)
Total votes: 88

Band: Nomeansno

Saw them last night - totally great. Setlist was a perfect balance of new and old stuff. They did 2 encores; good stuff.

They certainly had a good sense of humor, and seemed to be really enjoying themselves. New album songs translated very well live.

This one Danzig looking guy (sans any muscle mass) was trying to be all tough and punk rock, and he ended up getting on stage at one point. He did that "chicken walk" punk rock strut and looked out at the audience, signaling he was going to stage dive. He got a running start and took a huge leap. The only problem was he jumped in the only part of the crowd where no one was standing and he landed right on his face. Horror and laughs followed.

- Chet

Wrong and The Worldhood Of The World As Such are the best albums in my opinion. Haven't heard the new one though I am prepared for it to suck, just cuz that's what happens with the best of'em. I still would bear their children. They are permanently in my Top Ten of my lifetime. When I die and reincarnate myself, one of the things I will immediately remember in my new life is NoMeansNo.
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives

Adam CR wrote:The new record is horrible. Really really horrible.

I hate to say it but... plus one. Adam , your new guitar looks not at all horrible.
Marsupialized wrote:The last time I saw her, she had some Jewish bullshit going on

ubercat wrote:You're fucking cock-tease aren't you, you little minx.

You have to be kidding me! This is the only other band in the world that can compete with Shellac's rhythm section. My roomie and I put on a NoMeansNo show in my city back in '89. They came in early and they got full run of our house as we got the venue ready for their show. We had 600+ people show up (and they made major coin as 85% of revenue went to the artists/sound people, the rest covered expenses). After the show they went back to our house. My roomie and I got back home at 5am after taking the sound system back and cleaning the venue. We were surly, no question about it. We set our alarms for 9am so we could take care of our guests. These f*ckers turned our alarms off and when we finally got our asses out of bed about noon, they fixed us breakfast (that they went out and paid for the groceries). These folks are truly some of the nicest people I have ever had the privilege to meet. After the 1,000's of bands we dealt with doing shows, they are the most respectful and grateful band we have ever had the opportunity to deal with. I love them!!!!!!!!!

R.O.P. wrote:You have to be kidding me! This is the only other band in the world that can compete with Shellac's rhythm section. My roomie and I put on a NoMeansNo show in my city back in '89. They came in early and they got full run of our house as we got the venue ready for their show. We had 600+ people show up (and they made major coin as 85% of revenue went to the artists/sound people, the rest covered expenses). After the show they went back to our house. My roomie and I got back home at 5am after taking the sound system back and cleaning the venue. We were surly, no question about it. We set our alarms for 9am so we could take care of our guests. These f*ckers turned our alarms off and when we finally got our asses out of bed about noon, they fixed us breakfast (that they went out and paid for the groceries). These folks are truly some of the nicest people I have ever had the privilege to meet. After the 1,000's of bands we dealt with doing shows, they are the most respectful and grateful band we have ever had the opportunity to deal with. I love them!!!!!!!!!

I know they're nice guys but...their new album sucks.
Marsupialized wrote:The last time I saw her, she had some Jewish bullshit going on

ubercat wrote:You're fucking cock-tease aren't you, you little minx.