Race and music.

NerblyBear wrote:I don't think it really presents a problem. I mean, hip-hop circles are almost totally free of white people, and nobody gets upset about that. Personally, I would like to see more diversity. It would make for a more interesting atmosphere, with more ideas being shared. But it doesn't really bother me.

When I do encounter the sort of rhetoric that tries to make it out that the rock community is essentially sexist or racist just because most of the people in band are men and most of them are white, I just get irritated. There is nothing wrong with having a genre of art that is dominated by one sex or one race, as long as it's not actively excluding people. Girls can pick up a guitar and play any time they want.

What does bother me is when a group of white people get together and then proceed to make fun of blacks, Arabs, women, gay people, or what have you. Usually, these people are numbskulls who would never have anything to do with the independent rock community.

i don't know why you mentioned girls. i didn't realise we were marginalised aswell. that was a surprise. are you calling me a numbskull?

*i am joking. calm down dear. don't go hurting me with your dictionary again*
Tom wrote: I remember going in the back and seeing him headbanging to Big Black. He looked like he was raping the air- really. He had this look on his face like, "yeah air... you know you want it.".

Race and music.

H-GM wrote:
fantasmatical thorr wrote:they're like a jew or a gay but with better hair, for the most part.[/quote

I'm bald and sexy at thirty-five. Call Jenny Jones.

no hair's better than bad hair right?! also, white people are rubbish at being bald. there is no 'white, bald and sexy' category.

*sorry baldies*
Tom wrote: I remember going in the back and seeing him headbanging to Big Black. He looked like he was raping the air- really. He had this look on his face like, "yeah air... you know you want it.".

Race and music.

Linus Van Pelt wrote:
H-GM wrote:
fantasmatical thorr wrote:they're like a jew or a gay but with better hair, for the most part.

Do you have better hair than a gay?!?!? It is a difficult question for a few reasons.

wow. you just opened a whole nother world...

Race and music.

Christopher_Dragon wrote:
H-GM wrote:
fantasmatical thorr wrote:they're like a jew or a gay but with better hair, for the most part.

I'm bald and sexy at thirty-five. Call Jenny Craig.

Dude, are you calling fantasmatical thorr fat?

is he?!! are you?! what? who the fuck is jenny craig? am i? oh no..peaks and troughs i'm telling ya this morning...

Race and music.

Linus Van Pelt wrote:
H-GM wrote:

Do you have better hair than a gay?!?!? It is a difficult question for a few reasons.

A black, balding, gay man gets no love.

[casts a furtive glance at Itchy]
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.