Bands that will melt-slay yr face off

Know who melted my face off? The Double. Little indie-rock-slash-noise combo, fucking awesome live show. I'd never heard of them when I saw them open for the Mountain Goats. I was standing with three of my musically inclined buddies directly in front of the keyboardist, who is running some sort of combo organ farfisa type through a Fender tube amp, with a big muff and a ring modulator and other devices in the signal path, and the incredible wall of mind-bending knob-twisting noise he was grinding out was absolutely gorgeous.
http://www.myspace.com/leopoldandloebchicago

Linus Van Pelt wrote:I subscribe to neither prong of your false dichotomy.

gratified wrote:I am a self centered bastard, i don't really care. Music is art and was never meant to be sold. I understand artists need to make a living but unfortunately our technology has surpassed the regulation of music sales and being an avid music listener you better damn well beleive i have over 2000 burned LPs and do not feel any shame.

Can I melt your face off? Or is slaying more painful? Shit, I'd be happy to
just grind your face off with a slab of pavement.

And if anyone wanted to know what entitlement syndrome is...

gratified wrote:electric wizard - we live, dopethrone....like a more tolerable khanate? more straight up, accessible, less grating vocals. still similar though it is v. slow and heavy.

Oh. My. Yes.

Electric Wizard slay across the board, completely. Dark dark dark with tons of obscure occult references to launch you into complete stoner-rock cosmic insanity.

Get We Live and Let Us Prey for starters. Dopethrone is also siiiick...

This fangirl loves the Wizard. Oh yes indeed. A must for anyone who likes it heavy.

NerblyBear wrote:A band that is really butal and truly scary is Burmese from San Francisco. I don't even know if they're still around, but they were a two-bass/two-drum combo that sang about sadistic cruelty and rape.

Yeah, I don't know if they're around either...I haven't heard/seen anything out of them for a while. I saw them open for Erase Errata and they were pretty fucking awesome.
Oh, and fuck Mars Volta.