South side dining

Freddie's (31st and Union) also has a pretty darn good antipasto salad if you've had enough of the double sausage. Fresh mixed greens, salami, provolone, olives, perpperoncini, onions, tomatoes, cucumber. Good and not too artery clogging (like the rest of the fare at The Freedy...).

Real Italian can also be had at Gio's deli on 27th and Lowe. And Franco's on 31st and Princeton. Good pasta in a nice sitdown family kinda place. Sorta Mafia chic.

And go to the Lithuania Healthy Foods Restaurant on Halsted and 32nd. The real deal made and served up by real Lithuanians. Be sure to get the Kolduni (or however it's spelled). Little sasage dumplings that will send you straight to nirvana. Gotta be the best place in our neighborhood for breakfast...

South side dining

I'm coming in late on this. Good suggestions. I'll just comment on some.

Pizza (both kinds): Piezano's (47th 'n Rockwell, plus somewhere else)- The people are 1/2 retarded, but the Pizza is among my top 3 (which is saying a lot!).

Italian: Just about every place on that Oakley has good food. Bacchanalia is my favorite. Haven't had as good of a meal at Bruna's though. Bertucci's Corner in china town is great. It sports good baked clams (like your mom's), and a mob-like feel ca. 1983 after 10pm.

Middle Eastern: There used to be a lot of places on 63rd, west of Kedzi, but not so much anymore.

General:
Freddie’s on 31st -good Italian ice, ton of food
Steak 'n Egger - greasy spoon on Cermak

I didn't see the Skylark discussed, but it should be considered. Good steaks, burgers, brussels sprouts ...
Greg Norman FG