hey, non-smokers

since no smoking in bar laws came in where I live I've found I've ended up drinking a hell of a lot more to occupy myself where I would have done so with a smoke. This law would be doing wonders for alcohol sales in clubs...

have to say I appreciate the clean air in bars since this has come in though. I could only imagine it would be WAY more appreciated by non-smokers.

hey, non-smokers

Rotten Tanx wrote:Riddle me this:

Non-smokers, what do you do when singing along to Tom Waits songs? I've tried holding a drink and pretending it's whiskey. It's just not the same as holding a cigarette (in the arab/"OK" style).

I drink tonic water and limes. By the gallons. It doesn't work...

I do smoke pot. It makes my breath smell bad when I do it. I try to avoid smooching the morning after a hard night's bonging without brushing my teeth...

hey, non-smokers

Rotten Tanx wrote:Riddle me this:

Non-smokers, what do you do when singing along to Tom Waits songs?

Smoke.

You'd think that would terminate my non-smoker status, but you'd be wrong.

Weird you should ask, just this past weekend I realized whenever I get really drunk and smoke Nighthawks and Small Change come out of me. Loud.
"That man is a head taller than me.

...That may change."

hey, non-smokers

Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:On the other hand, a person who supports a law that tells another adult whether or not he/she can run an establishment that permits smoking is, in fact, and without question of any kind, and, furthermore, indubitably, a card carrying, dyed in the wool asshole.

Let me ask you this: Would it be okay for me to sit next to you at a bar and start masturbating? Probably not and yet it's totally cool for you to blow cancerous smoke all over my clothing. See, I would argue that masturbating in public is less hurtful than smoking in public as no one has ever gotten cancer from sitting near someone who was masturbating.

I dunno. I think people who smoke indoors are inconsiderate assholes. Also, I don't think they look cool. Fuck 'em. Go outside and smoke, cool guy. I'm not impressed, Fonzie!
http://www.josephlarkin.com
http://www.also-ran.com

hey, non-smokers

Joseph wrote:I dunno. I think people who smoke indoors are inconsiderate assholes. Also, I don't think they look cool.

You wouldn't say that if you saw what I'm wearing.

Joseph wrote:Would it be okay for me to sit next to you at a bar and start masturbating? Probably not

You wouldn't say that if you saw what I'm wearing.

hey, non-smokers

Joseph wrote:
Let me ask you this: Would it be okay for me to sit next to you at a bar and start masturbating?

It would be OK for me, provided everyone has the same understanding. Plus, I could just leave and have a great story. Feel free.

There is a recent smoking ban here in Seattle...one of the most stringent in the country. It hasn't really made shows any more pleasant...I just end up smelling drunk BO. I'm against it, simply because I am uncomfortable with telling people what they should and shouldn't do. 'Free Country' and all...

hey, non-smokers

Smokers do smell bad, and I would not kiss or make love to a smoker. I don't vilify smokers at all; whatever someone wants to do to himself is fine by me as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. But smoking is still pretty gross, and, given the choice of hanging out with a group of people who smoke or staying home to read a good book, I'll definitely choose the latter. Of course, that decision will get reversed if either (a) the company is simply too good to pass up, or (b) there is a beautiful (non-smoking) girl in the group.