hey, non-smokers

Rotten Tanx wrote:Riddle me this:

Non-smokers, what do you do when singing along to Tom Waits songs? I've tried holding a drink and pretending it's whiskey. It's just not the same as holding a cigarette (in the arab/"OK" style).

Funny you should ask because Tom Waits' music is the aural equivalent of cigarette smoke. I ignore it whenever possible and prefer to date women who don't "do" it, but if I like them a lot, I'll probably put up with it.
dontfeartheringo wrote:I need people to act like grown folks and I just ain't seeing it.

hey, non-smokers

Brett Eugene Ralph wrote:
Rotten Tanx wrote:Riddle me this:

Non-smokers, what do you do when singing along to Tom Waits songs? I've tried holding a drink and pretending it's whiskey. It's just not the same as holding a cigarette (in the arab/"OK" style).

Funny you should ask because Tom Waits' music is the aural equivalent of cigarette smoke. I ignore it whenever possible and prefer to date women who don't "do" it, but if I like them a lot, I'll probably put up with it.

Does that mean that the women you date won't be listening to Tom Waits in your house or in your truck?

Filthy habit.

hey, non-smokers

I cannot smell anything.

Which is probably why I can deal with smoke. Most of the time, anyhow.

I dated two smokers in a row, and enjoyed kissing them a great deal. I thought they tasted good, like toasted almonds.

I bet I walk around smelling of worse stuff than cig smoke (have you smelled fixer? stop bath?) and nobody has said boo.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

hey, non-smokers

slowriot wrote:
katie, a princess wrote:i don't like going into bars and coming out smelling like cigarettes because then i can't wear those jeans for the rest of the week.

UGH. i know, right?

i'm sorry, i'm a douchebag.

argh, slowriot, if you didn't do my laundry so often, i'd call you a worser name.
Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:I remember getting kicked out of class in the 3rd grade because I couldn't stop giggling while our teacher lectured us about homeless people.

hey, non-smokers

gnangle wrote:judgemental behavior is more repulsive to me, and more damaging in other ways than smoking ever could hope to achieve

yes yes yes.

I can't believe some people wouldn't date or be open to just hanging out with somebody because he/she smokes....because they smell bad? What if you pass up on some fine intellectual stimulation or meeting that "one special girl". You would shut out this possibility because she smokes? You have that right, it just seems very shallow. I can see not hanging out with people because you don't have anything in common with them, they're a bunch of nazis or something....Would you not hang out with someone who has a communicable disease because you might catch it and they smell funny?