Perverted Justice, etc?

Something unfair about entrapment...
Total votes: 23 (37%)
I have no sympathy for these scum.
Total votes: 39 (63%)
Total votes: 62

Internet Pedophile: Sting

Again, I not defending the nonce but we should bear in mind that when Granda Johnson sees this show on telly when he comes downstairs he breathes a sigh of relief because it makes every parent see the bad guy as the lonely guy with the funny eye who lives a few streets away.
It creates a false impression of the problem.

Also, A few years ago near here some guys broke into an old pedo's house and kicked him to death. 'Who cares!!' everyone says, 'Good on em!!' blurt the beer bellies in the pub.

Turns out one of the fellas doing the kicking had been in prison a few years earlier for - guess what?

When I see crowds marching down the street with badly spelt placards because the News of the World has printed some photos of kiddy fiddlers I think - how many of them red faces have had 'a moment of weakness' and this gives them the perfect opportunity to disguise the fact.

All the while S-Club Juniors are jutting on Top of the Pops in clothes which do nothing if not sexualise 11 year olds. But no-one says a fucking thing.

The problem should be dealt properly and the hysteria should not be exploited for mainstream TV.

Cheaters however.
Now that's entertainment.

mega therion wrote:
Linus Van Pelt wrote:
Isabelle Gall wrote:Why not make it even more entertaining (admittedly, if that's possible) by presenting the would-be nonce with a loaded gun when he's captured, and then you can all whoop and hi-five each other when he blows his own head off in front of the camera?

I'm not sure I get your point. Are you saying that being glad that would-be child rapers are arrested and shamed is the same as being excited about them killing themselves? That sounds like what you're saying, but I'm not sure.

I assumed it was a reference to this.

It wasn't a reference to the above.
'Prison Rape-Live!', where you would get to watch a different nonce get his ass raped over and over again from the comfort of your own armchair, now that would be awesome!
'But Daddy, Daddy! I don't want to go to bed, I want to watch the bad man get raped!'
'Maybe when you're older lil' fella...one day you'll understand, there's some times when Daddy just wants to be left alone'.

Isabelle Gall wrote:'Prison Rape-Live!', where you would get to watch a different nonce get his ass raped over and over again from the comfort of your own armchair, now that would be awesome!
'But Daddy, Daddy! I don't want to go to bed, I want to watch the bad man get raped!'
'Maybe when you're older lil' fella...one day you'll understand, there's some times when Daddy just wants to be left alone'.

I think that this is a similar thought to George Carlin's "Suicide Channel" idea.

OJ actually recorded a program where he describes how he would have done the murders he was accused of and accquited from doing.

Everything is out in the open, now. No 'heart of darkness' or 'skeletons in the closet'. Everyone is recording everyone else with their cell phones.

I guess this is a very good thing, unless you have something to hide.

Regardless-- The pedophiles are still having these conversations with grown-up men. It isn't like they are doing anything illegal just because the grown-up man creates a false pretense.

Pedophiles sicken me. Thought-crime is even more disgusting. I have had a a problem with this since day one.

These guys should be relieved when they discover they are actually talking to cops. "Oh good... I didn't do anything illegal."

These guys aren't breaking a crime, they're being arrested like the guys from Minority Report. This show is sick, and I think it's only the first step towards Lethal Injection TV. I'm serious. If the media fucks with and humiliates people like this, there is no end to the debauchery.
Marsupialized wrote:I want a piano made out of jello.
It's the only way I'll be able to achieve the sound I hear in my head.

Pedophilia: Crap (obviously)

This show: Crap

Crap because it is exploiting "Dirty Harry" style vigilante justice, marketing it, making advertising revenue off of it. Circumventing the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" justice system.

It's aggrandizing the mercenary, wild-west mentality of the nutjob right-wing in the U.S.. and making some network TV exec lots of cash in the process.

It's also smug as shit. The hosts/narrators are complete holier-than-thou fuckbags. I hate them.

This show is far more depressing than anything else on TV IMO.

From the perverted justice site (13 year old girl)

chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:30:49 PM): how long it last for your period?
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:31:03 PM): how long does it last?
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:31:08 PM): ys
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:31:15 PM): i dunno a few days
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:31:39 PM): u dn't know about your self?
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:31:53 PM): sometimes its longer than others
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:32:09 PM): when is last one?
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:32:35 PM): like 2 weeks ago
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:32:42 PM): why?
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:32:58 PM): knowledge for preg
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:33:06 PM): oh
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:33:08 PM): Do u know?
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:33:12 PM): about it?
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:33:14 PM): know waht?
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:33:24 PM): period and pregnut
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:33:47 PM): i dont know what you meen
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:34:07 PM): there is relationship btwn them
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:34:12 PM): Do u know?
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:34:43 PM): i know that you cant get preggers if you havent started yet
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:35:21 PM): within 3 days after ur period, even sperm in virn, no preg
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:35:41 PM): oh
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:35:55 PM): or 3 days before that
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:36:01 PM): same thing
carlykicksbutt93 (08/22/06 11:36:10 PM): kay
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:36:16 PM): U dn't know
chicago_naperville (08/22/06 11:36:19 PM): ?
I've seen the bridges burning in the night.

PervertedJustice.com = Perverting the course of Justice.

sack of smashed assholes wrote:Not Crap, as long as their is strict laws for it, as these operations evolve, could they go as far as using 17 year olds, who look 18, or would the person willing have to know that their a minor, but still 17, that's very little difference.

I saw a TV show recently where they used a 19 year old member of the TV crew, made her a myspace page with recent (clothed) photos of her on it, listed her age as 14, and proceeded to 'Sting' the blokes who made arrangements to meet her. They supposedly used the 19 year old runner as they wanted to keep real children away from the kind of sick conversations the paedos have. I kept asking myself, 'what does this have to do with the really nasty perverts who purposely target pre-teens and even toddlers?'
These guys were creepy and knew they were breaking the law, but I thought the TV program was misrepresenting paedophiles as some just blokes looking for a bit of jailbait. Still Illegal I know, but not quite the same.

TV sensationalism = CRAP

Educating parents and children about online paedophiles = NOT CRAP
Catching paedophiles through proper and legal means = NOT CRAP