Rain-X?

Crap
Total votes: 1 (13%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 7 (88%)
Total votes: 8

Windshield treatment: Rain-X

vockins wrote:I love the Rain X. Love it. I would buy the Rain X inventor guy a beer. Fuck it, I'll pick up his tab.

I'm pretty sure he lives in northern WI, somewhere around Eagle River.
That dog won't hunt, monsignor.
zom-zom wrote:Fuck you loser pussies that hate KISS.

Go listen to your beard-nerd aluminum guitar shit. See if I care.

I don't really like it. You have to keep applying it once you start, and if you don't apply it perfectly, it looks like there's a layer of slime on your windshield at night. I drive at night more often than in the rain, and it's not worth it to me.

Also, DO NOT use it on plastic, like a helmet visor, the chemicals in it are bad for plastic and may eventually cause it to get cloudy and yellow. Use Plexus. Some people use Lemon Pledge on their windscreen. (It also works for cleaning bodywork on your bike.)

I rode most of the way from Milwaukee to NE Georgia last October on a Ducati Monster in the rain, and survived witout any fancy coatings on my visor. (Although that ride still sucked.)

El Protoolio wrote:
clocker bob wrote:
El Protoolio wrote: I have a 1974 Beetle that is my daily driver and the rain and snow can fog up the windshield something fierce.

A guy I went to school with used to have to drive his VW with his head out the window like a dog under certain atmospheric conditions.

I've wanted to. But my heat works great so I don't want to let it all out.

I'm pretty sure his Beetle had issues, because there was not much heat at all. I've also heard of lit candles on the dashboard used as defrosters in Beetles.