8-Channel A-D & D-A Converter

I need to ad 8 more channel inputs to my digi002. a friend of mine recommended the behringer ADA8000, but i'm almost certain i would not trust behringer with anything regarding audio. would anybody have any suggestions on anything else i can use to get more 8 channels into the digi002 without spening in the thousands?

thank you guys

I know several people who use the ADA8000 that are happy with it and recommend it. It's 24-bit and you can go from 44.1 up to to 48Khz for a sampling rate. Of course the pre's will be shit, but for under $250 I don't think you can beat it. What exactly is your budget?

M-Audio makes the Octane, check it out but it's more expensive. I think it's still under a grand, though.
"That man is a head taller than me.

...That may change."

i use focusrite octopre with the digital option.
while not being as great as focusrite would have you believe, it is actually pretty decent for the price.
i see them on ebay going pretty cheap.
just don't use the compressor/limiters as they are junk.
but for pres straight in and out i think they are pretty good value for money.
I hate salesmen.

noir deuil wrote:what about the PreSonus DigiMax FS? anybody use that guy?

Andy Hong gushed about it in the latest Tape Op gear reviews. Based on his review, I am picking one up this week.

The things that caught my attention were the points about Andy liking the sound of the Digimax DAC over his Digidesign 192 I/O. The other point he made was that the preamps sounded better than the original Digimax pres.

So, my non scientific methods have made me believe this Digimax FS thing is god's gift to DAW folks who want extra pres and line level inputs. Andy Hong from Tape Op was spot on in his review.

This thing sounds amazing. I'm not done non scientifically testing this thing, yet I think it sounds good. I have long imagined what it would be like to lift some sort of fictional/proverbial gauze off of my speakers and hear a better sound. Mission accomplished...

One of my first exercises was, cough, iTunes. I hooked the FS to my MOTU 828 mkII. First I listened to mixes I had in iTunes(MP3) with the MOTU as the master. When I finally set the FS as the master clock via the MOTU control panel I was like, holy shit. I kept on switching back between the MOTU and the Presonus clock. Night and day difference. I have yet to move my main LR output to the Presonus, yet I am sure that sounds good too.

In short, I will not be asking Black Lion to replace my clock, only the op amps on the line amps and the mic pres. In summary, it reminded me of the day I was playing a Victoria 4x10 and then put a z.vex SHO in front of it. Afterwards, I hated hearing the Victoria amp by itself.

The highs are so clear and the lows are pretty chunky. Don't ask me to define it.

Bravo Presonus....