Tempe AZ

thanks for all the information. Just to put my two-cents in about auto insurance - Dylan and I (I'm the wife part of the equation) live in New Orleans now and are paying $1500 every six months for auto insurance. I called various companies to compare, and Tempe is much lower. And according to them, New Orleans is the worst city in America for car theft.

Just thought I'd add what I found out so we could move beyond the insurance debate. But don't think I don't appreciate it - any advice is helpful and wanted.

I was really glad to hear that the girls in Tempe are hot - I can only have hot girl friends so I'm glad that will be taken care of. Load off my mind.

Tempe AZ

Well jupiter, you sure got me there. Though I don't smoke weed and have never owned a VW of any kind. Sounds like you really had some bad experiences with Phoenix. It's too bad your bad experiences don't reflect real data.

To get back to Rochelle and not make this a totally worthless post, you can get a lot of info from the Tempe city counsel offices. Also rents are very cheap around most of the city. If you move, best of luck. Sounds like your doing a lot of research already.

Tempe AZ

Thanks everyone for all the information. The deal is, Rochelle is getting her PhD somewhere and this (Tempe) looks to be the best place. Neither of us wants to live there, but we certainly don't want to live in New Orleans anymore. No matter how you slice it, it's still The South with all the inherent problems. I guess The West has its problems, too. Huh.

Michael wrote:
[quote]If you don't know anyone there and decide to move, I can give you some contacts.[quote]

I may take you up on that, thanks.

Tempe AZ

i saw blonde redhead at stinkweeds in like 96 or something. i was fifteen and was visiting my grandmother. my mom drove me to the stripmall where this recordstore is in our minivan and all these twenty something hipsters made fun of me. i have to say, i've been to towns 1/10th the size of phoenix/tempe that have way more going on.

Tempe AZ

I'm starting a campaign to keep people from moving to New Orleans.

Don't move to New Orleans!

People don't want to work, the city closes after 6:00 PM and nobody opens up shop on Sunday, the houses are all falling down but the city wants to keep the "charm" so they don't force landlords to make repairs, every week there's some story about a city official taking money, the teachers don't want to be tested because they know they'll fail, too many churches, too few rock bands, sales tax is 10% and it all goes back into the French Quarter, people are rude (forget about southern hospitality) - oh, I could go on.

Tempe AZ

Actually, the food sucks. Sure, there's Cajun food. Sure, there are tons of overpriced "gourmet" restaurants. But after being here almost two years, what I wouldn't give to have the food choices a city like Chicago gives you. Try to find a good Thai place in New Orleans, or a good Chinese restaurant...doesn't exist. For that matter - neither does good Italian food. This city is known for its great culinary delights - I really have no idea how it deserves this reputation. In comparison, there are lots of cities that are better.

Sorry to get off the subject. Tempe - there, I mentioned it so I don't feel bad about trailing away from the topic.

New Orleans is hype.