Vancouver

crap
Total votes: 1 (8%)
not crap
Total votes: 12 (92%)
Total votes: 13

City: Vancouver

tallchris wrote:Vancouver has an amazing amout of $0.97 pizza slice places. For that alone, it is a not crap city.

I'm told the $1.50 slice is a world better. Pay 50% more and it's a pie above. With sufficient meth, you can feed yourself well on $1.50 a day. World's most livable city!

A city I've spent enough time in to call it my second home. A lot of great people, great weed, and with nearly unbeatable access to a plethora of things to do outdoors. In what other city can you be climbing mountains in the morning and be sitting on a beach in the afternoon?

That said, its live music scene is pretty sad given the size and population. Seattle's only three hours drive to the south at least, but its antiquated liquor licensing laws desperately need to be changed; they make running a live music venue really hard. That, combined with the already mentioned generally non-drinking lifestyle that exists there has left it with not much happening music wise.

Its almost TOO perfect and interesting music scenes just don't arise in such places. Still, if I had a lot of money and wanted to buy a house somewhere, around Commercial Drive or in Kitsilano would be at the top of the list.

I am sitting in the basement of a hostel smack dab in the center of junkietown in vancouver. It's like night of the living dead out on the street, they just shuffle around slowly like zombies.
I love this city.
Walked from one end to the other today, walked in the park for hours fed grapes to raccoons.
A plus all the way
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom