nin year zero

Like that means anything.

Do you ever read pitchfork? It is true that it means nothing, however, if you were a pitchfork reader the fact that it got a decent review would be surprising. The review was pointed out in reponse to some one commenting on the level of fandom, and as I was saying earlier, the entire album is made to cater to that level of fandom which the review was pointing out....hence the ninwiki.

I hear they are also possibly making the concept into a film.
www.opticecho.com/lostChord.html

nin year zero

I just gave this album another listen yesterday. It's good.....really.

Well...if you can get beyond the Trent Reznor-phobia/bias that seems to be a prerequisite for posting here that is....

I've got a feeling that if he were to change his name and no one knew it was NIN opinions might be different.

Flame away you fuckers....

nin year zero

JC23by5 wrote:I just gave this album another listen yesterday. It's good.....really.

Well...if you can get beyond the Trent Reznor-phobia/bias that seems to be a prerequisite for posting here that is....

I've got a feeling that if he were to change his name and no one knew it was NIN opinions might be different.

it's the voice and lyrics that bug me. i have a similar reaction to el-p: good music/production, bad voice/lyrics.

nin year zero

trilonaut wrote:
JC23by5 wrote:it's the voice and lyrics that bug me. i have a similar reaction to el-p: good music/production, bad voice/lyrics.

that's what's good having grown up in france : many songs are in english, and as a child i didn't understand their lyrics so i learned to listen to music without caring about the words... getting older, i learned english and progressivly began to understand it, having to forget the music and to focus on lyrics to understand them.
so now, i am glad i can focus on what i want in a song : the music or the lyrics, and i am not bothered if the other aspect isn't good to me.
"dissonances are becoming beautiful" - Charles Ives

nin year zero

bergmann disney wrote:
trilonaut wrote:
JC23by5 wrote:it's the voice and lyrics that bug me. i have a similar reaction to el-p: good music/production, bad voice/lyrics.

that's what's good having grown up in france : many songs are in english, and as a child i didn't understand their lyrics so i learned to listen to music without caring about the words... getting older, i learned english and progressivly began to understand it, having to forget the music and to focus on lyrics to understand them.
so now, i am glad i can focus on what i want in a song : the music or the lyrics, and i am not bothered if the other aspect isn't good to me.

i understand... i looooove uz jsme doma, and i like the fact that i don't understand their lyrics and have the option to read a translation or not.

also, with some singers, even when you speak the language it's hard to tell what they're saying. not the case with nin -- mixed very loud and very enunciated. frustrating in this case.

nin year zero

trilonaut wrote:also, with some singers, even when you speak the language it's hard to tell what they're saying. not the case with nin -- mixed very loud and very enunciated. frustrating in this case.

i must say i agree.
i love it when a siger sound like bound to the oposite wall of the room he is singing in than the mic, it feels lik claustrophobic....
it makes music more tense and rageous (even when it's calm music)
"dissonances are becoming beautiful" - Charles Ives

nin year zero

trilonaut wrote:
JC23by5 wrote:I just gave this album another listen yesterday. It's good.....really.

it's the voice and lyrics that bug me. i have a similar reaction to el-p: good music/production, bad voice/lyrics.

Ok...I'll give you that. When I was listening to the album I kept thinking that the singing could've used some work.
Same with the lyrics.