Guilty Pleasures II: Good Songs by Godawful Bands

Ordinary World by Duran Duran is a pretty good song.

I'll throw in yet another vote for Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful".

"Atlantic City", "I'm on Fire" and "Streets of Philadelphia" by Bruce Springsteen. I hate his big blustery songs, but these are fabulous. Edit: But you know what? The Springsteen doesn't suck of the total ass, so maybe this isn't for this thread. okay.
Last edited by bumble_Archive on Tue May 01, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace wrote:yeah, i'll include the smashing pumpkins' "to forget" and justin timberlake's "sexy back."

That sexy back is one fine song.
Every time I hear it I think, "You are not allowed to tell us to take it to the bridge on more than one occasion in a single track, especially when it's not actually a bridge and it's just another part of the verse."
http://www.myspace.com/leopoldandloebchicago

Linus Van Pelt wrote:I subscribe to neither prong of your false dichotomy.

matthias beebe wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:instead I get Billy Corgan's metal-file-up-a-pig's-ass squeal, that fucking bald munchkin. Why did David Pajo work with this greasy, pretentious tool?

Munchkin? I think the guy's like 6'4. And I can't stand reading anymore of this crap about the Smashing Pumpkins being horrible. Yes, after Siamese Dream they started to decline, and perhaps the man is pretentious. But just going on probability, I would guess that Billy Corgan has got more musical talent in a single booger than is contained in most people's entire bloodline.

He may be talented - I have some friends who love the Smashing Pumpkins - but I find his voice so repulsive and his talk in interviews so pretentious that I have not wanted to really jump into his work. And I think "1979" rips off a Husker Du song.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

SecondEdition wrote:
matthias beebe wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:instead I get Billy Corgan's metal-file-up-a-pig's-ass squeal, that fucking bald munchkin. Why did David Pajo work with this greasy, pretentious tool?

Munchkin? I think the guy's like 6'4. And I can't stand reading anymore of this crap about the Smashing Pumpkins being horrible. Yes, after Siamese Dream they started to decline, and perhaps the man is pretentious. But just going on probability, I would guess that Billy Corgan has got more musical talent in a single booger than is contained in most people's entire bloodline.

He may be talented - I have some friends who love the Smashing Pumpkins - but I find his voice so repulsive and his talk in interviews so pretentious that I have not wanted to really jump into his work. And I think "1979" rips off a Husker Du song.

Sure Corgan is a hack, but Husker Du? 1979 sounds nothing like them.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.