Boxing?

Crap
Total votes: 16 (36%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 28 (64%)
Total votes: 44

Sport: Boxing

i was just thinking of doing a poll on boxing not to long ago.

baseball and boxing are the only two sports that i care about/watch.

it is a thing of beauty to watch two skilled fighters bob & weave, slip and counterpunch, tripple up on the jab. ahh the sweet science of fist fighting......sure a lot of fights are boring and the current talent pool is lacking.

but when the match up is just right (ward v gotti).......its fucking amazing.

NOT CRAP.
I must admit, though, I almost enjoy reading boxing journalism more than I enjoy watching the sport itself.
daniel robert chapman wrote:The biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased cunts.

BUmP

[Somehow, my shift key timed out, but I'm leaving it like that because it looks pretty cool.]

I'm watching replays of the Pacquiao and Morales fights on HBO right now. Such good stuff. These dudes are tearing each other up.

What I really love about it is that you always know who won. Sure, there are draws, but they're rare. And besides, all you really have to do is ask yourself "which guy would I least like to be" when the match is over, and then you know the other guy is the victor. Despite the lack of talent in the larger weight classes, this is quickly replacing the NHL in my book of favorites. Watered down talent and too many mediocre teams make that not worth watching. Even two mediocre boxers can beat the shit out of each other.

Get up sucka and post about boxing!

Our band.

Strauss.

I do not like violence. But I really appreciate good boxing. Unfortunately, the sport is dying. I long for a modern day Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Roberto Duran, etc. Intelligence, guts, strategy and stamina, along with the one on one drama, are very appealing to me.

It seems that all I see these days are morons brawling. This is not so appealing.

Please correct me if I am wrong.