Ironing

Crap
Total votes: 9 (69%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 4 (31%)
Total votes: 13

Chore: ironing

If I'm just trying to make a wrinkled shirt presentable again, I'll sprinkle it with water and throw it in a dryer for 15 minutes. It works every time.

Otherwise, it's the laundry option ($0.99) at the dry cleaners, which I think is a better use of my time.

I haven't ironed in years.

Is Chicago still the cheapest place in the first world to get your shirts professionally laundered and pressed? I couldn't afford that when I lived there, but I fantasize about it a lot. I think it was like $0.90 when I lived there. Anybody live near a sign that advertises low-low rates, who cares to post some proof that your city is better than mine?

The clothes iron is the second-worst invention ever to befall mankind. The first is a tie between all kinds of things that actually hurt people. Ironing only sucks.

jlamour wrote:I love ironing. I love seeing wrinkles flattened. It gives me a good feeling.

I can give you my address.

I hate ironing. Usually I just go wrinkled - one of the benefits of being a "professional" in an arts/music town.

When I need to look nicer, I let the dry cleaners do it at $1.50 a shirt. I can do 3-4 shirts an hour and I make more than $6/hr. you know?

I do have an iron, and I'll do the bare minimum in a pinch. For the most part nobody expects me to be pressed around here. Good thing.

-A
Itchy McGoo wrote:I would like to be a "shoop-shoop" girl in whatever band Alex Maiolo is in.