PreSonus FireStudio

Anything made by presonus gets an F from me so far.
I have a still have a firebox, firepod, and a faderport that I'm not using because:
A: Can't return them
B: Not worth the effort to sell 'em
C: They don't fucking work

If you don't mind using cheap crap and/or are on a budget they are great. You get what you pay for. The pres are OK, I wouldnt say they are great. I had a lot of problems using the faderport as a transport controller. It looked so nice, but it was crashing logic daily.
There are some jackasses on the presonus 'support' forums who are actually the official means of support for their products. These guys still get in arguments (on support forums) over the benefits of a PC over a Mac. Their developers tell me that their Mac support is so weak because CoreAudio is a pain in the ass API which they have not been able to figure out yet because they are pretty new to Mac development.
So as far as support goes, they are very unprofessional. I wouldnt buy their products to use with Logic or OS X. Apparently they work well with Cubase on windows, neither of which belong in a studio IMO.

PreSonus FireStudio

I have a Firepod, did the installation disk it worked fine, used the updater it worked better.

Friends have gotten direct emails from them about products, as far as I know that is how they work or on the phone.

I use a PC and Nuendo.

I would have to say that a lot of home studio people (home studios) use Cuebase as the vst instruments and plug in availble have made it a rich platform. Most professional studios use Pro Tools which has great features but is pricy especially for plug in's.

I have used it on a mac also with no problem but perhaps I am lucky. I don't use logic

PreSonus FireStudio

Yeah my brother had used the firepod on a mac with cubase for about a year and didnt have too much trouble with it. Any problems we had with the firewire stuff was never resolved, and rebooting frequently was the only answer.

Focusrite are right up there with presonus I guess in terms of quality.
I guess there is a difference between an engineer who wants the best stuff he can get and a musician looking for something that works and is worth the money. If you are using a DAW, the converters are pretty important, especially if you plan to get really good mics and pres some day.

I'm a bit of a tightwad when it comes to stuff made in china. Which is weird cause I play an ESP guitar made in Indonesia and I like it. But the pres, mics, amps, converters etc. I like are all made in england or california. Whatever.