New EA sendspace thread

Colonel Panic wrote:Nice post there, Nina.

I'm here to sprinkle the forum with love, Colonel.
After all, I did pm you some special hairy pussy video, if memory serves me correctly...
Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. T. Mckenna

New EA sendspace thread

Nina wrote:Lonely Is An Eyesore ~ 4AD

I have owned this in vinyl and CD forms numerous times over the years. I keep finding copies for $1, so I buy them.

I think the first real money I ever made selling a record came from a vinyl copy of this, which I had gotten for $2 or so, and some guy in high school offered me like $50 for it.

I love the Colourbox track on this. And "Fish"!
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

New EA sendspace thread

burun wrote:
Nina wrote:Lonely Is An Eyesore ~ 4AD

I have owned this in vinyl and CD forms numerous times over the years. I keep finding copies for $1, so I buy them.

I think the first real money I ever made selling a record came from a vinyl copy of this, which I had gotten for $2 or so, and some guy in high school offered me like $50 for it.

I love the Colourbox track on this. And "Fish"!

" A 4AD compilation from 1987, featuring the usual suspects (Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, This Mortal Coil, Throwing Muses, Dif Juz and more.) In addition to the usual LP, CD, cassette and videocassette versions, there is a limited-edition LP with a sleeve of mind-blowing complexity and beauty (according to those who've seen it.) There is even an extremly limited wooden box version, of which only 100 were made, and if you ever find one expect to pay at least $800 for it. Brant Nelson says "there's one near where I live and the owner wants over $2000!" The video is available in both PAL (British) and NTSC (US, Japanese) formats.

From Eyesore: "CAD703X is a deluxe limited edition wooden box (100 of them exists) containing all the different editions of Lonely Is An Eyesore and some additional prints. About the box: 30 were released for sale (200 pounds each directly from 4AD), 70 were given away to the bands, distibutors of 4AD material and others. The prints were rather expensive, bringing the cost of production of the box up to 500 pounds. There are two prints, one 15x20 cm (etching) by Jinny m'Garrity, where small details differ from box to box. The other is larger, 100x200cm (by Terry Dowling), printed on rice paper. The prints were wrapped in a sealed plastic-like paper."

If you're in the UK and particularly interested, you'll find one box in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. It may not be on permanent display, but they do have regular "design" exhibits. "
http://tinyurl.com/yprtu2
Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. T. Mckenna

New EA sendspace thread

Nina wrote:" A 4AD compilation from 1987, featuring the usual suspects (Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, This Mortal Coil, Throwing Muses, Dif Juz and more.) In addition to the usual LP, CD, cassette and videocassette versions, there is a limited-edition LP with a sleeve of mind-blowing complexity and beauty (according to those who've seen it.)

I have the limited edition LP, a CD, and the video in my "permanent collection"

The regular LP's are the ones I keep finding for cheap.

I have an embarrassing amount of 4AD "rarities." Embarrassing in that I am embarrassed I still have them.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

New EA sendspace thread

Nina wrote: There is even an extremly limited wooden box version, of which only 100 were made, and if you ever find one expect to pay at least $800 for it. Brant Nelson says "there's one near where I live and the owner wants over $2000!" The video is available in both PAL (British) and NTSC (US, Japanese) formats.

Disc Union in Shibuya, Tokyo had one of the wooden boxes for approximately $1500US (£800 or so) - but like Burun, I keep finding the regular edition for a dollar or two in the bins, so I decided to save my money. I believe the guy who owns Vinyl Records in Shinjuku has one as well, but not for sale.