Worst local-hometown bands in your area

tbone wrote:Whenever you think you've seen the worst local Chicago band in the history of bad local bands, just go to an Emergenza "festival," and have your preconcieved notions blown right the hell away.

I think they have that bullshit in other cities, too, so it probably applies to other areas as well.

I will see your Emergenza Festival and raise you a MOBFest.
kerble is right.

kerble wrote:
tbone wrote:Whenever you think you've seen the worst local Chicago band in the history of bad local bands, just go to an Emergenza "festival," and have your preconcieved notions blown right the hell away.

I think they have that bullshit in other cities, too, so it probably applies to other areas as well.

I will see your Emergenza Festival and raise you a MOBFest.

haha
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

My state spawned Bon Jovi. There's not much more to say. I'll link you to two of the more prominent nearby high school bands, both of which are uppity to call themselves part of the New Jersey music scene.

www.myspace.com/cartesianj
www.myspace.com/avenida

The first one's music is better for shits 'n' giggles, but they're both funny in their proud stupidity, rock star delusions (look at Avenida's biography), and usage of the word hardcore to describe glorified emo.

Kyle Motor wrote:There's a band at the same practice space as mine that does this (sans arm socks at least) and those guys gotta be pushing 40. They had show flyers up that described their sound as being similar to U2, No Doubt, Metallica and Eric Clapton. They practice this terrible plodding modern-rock cover of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" for about 45 minutes at a crack......not kidding. 45 minutes of a duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh version of "Time After Time"; we'll run through our entire set, step outside our door and they're still playing it. They have meetings in the common area of our space with their manager and there's always one band dude sitting there sipping a glass of red wine during said meetings. These guys are the ultimate dinks.

All right, I'm fed up, I no longer care if these fucks come for my hide (because I think I just picked a fight with them). This fucking shit-ass excuse for a band practices a couple doors down from us.

Now, I'm not one to judge harshly.....at all. I adore catchy & stupid rock songs. I don't care about a band lacking integrity if I like the melody. I play in a straight-forward rock'n'roll/power-pop band, with absolutely no care for anything relevant in any way. But this group of cockbags makes me fucking lose it. I swear, some of these guys have to be pushing 40 and still try to pull off current trends like backwards hair. Now, in our practice space there are no bands like mine, and yet I at the very least appreciate them all because for the most part they are all really good at what they do, some are fucking totally weird and fantastic at the same time. But these cocksuckers just absolutely fucking suck. They can pro-tools their recordings all they want, I hear them practice and they're fucking awful. They've been doing constant "pre-production" everyday of the fucking week lately with some "professional" "songwriter" from "Florida" "helping them with new material". Everything coming through their wall is fucking garbage. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE FUCKING HATE THESE FUCKERS AND IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE IT IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION THAT I END UP IN A PHYSICAL ALTERCATION WITH THEM. I will keep the PRF posted.
That dog won't hunt, monsignor.
zom-zom wrote:Fuck you loser pussies that hate KISS.

Go listen to your beard-nerd aluminum guitar shit. See if I care.