Compressor Stomp Boxes

I tried to UTFSF, but this word has been used too many times in this forum.

I'm looking for a good quality compressor pedal - as in better than your run of the mill Boss thing - that will squash the ever loving shit out of my guitar.
I mainly want it for 12 string electric, live applications.

Any ideas?
I mean SQUASH.

I like the little Guyatone one that I have, but it's mounted to the little pedalboard I use for bass. I'm sick of taking in on and off as needed. Plus, I don't mind stepping up a notch.

Traditonally I've used the compressor at the front of the chain because of noise concerns, but would it help to move it downstream, after a little drive, to accentuate the effect?

Thanks
-A
Itchy McGoo wrote:I would like to be a "shoop-shoop" girl in whatever band Alex Maiolo is in.

Compressor Stomp Boxes

I'm fairly happy with my (here comes the shit storm) aphex "punch factory"
optical compressor, it is not a squasher but if you push it hard you can hear it working if you so desire.. It also has a DI (wet or dry) output that comes in handy. I play very clean (guitar-compressor- Roland JC-77) and do not go for head splitting, it serves me well for my sound. I have also tried and like the Keeley two knob compressor.

Compressor Stomp Boxes

Thanks so much for the help, everyone.

I ended up getting one of these.

Looks like exactly what I'm looking for. They said the wait was up to a month, but mine showed up in 4 days.
A bit pricey, but if it works...

I'll report back after I plug in the Rick.

-A
Itchy McGoo wrote:I would like to be a "shoop-shoop" girl in whatever band Alex Maiolo is in.