gallo wants $6500 for his tb500

sunset_gun wrote:I think you'd have to be crazy to gig with any Bean, prices being what they are now.

i've wondered the same thing, but if you're a tone whore, you've got to pony up for a good instrument, and there's no point in having a good instrument if you're not going to use it at shows. I just keep it in my gig bag and keep it strapped to my back at all times. only thing i worry about is getting mugged when i'm by myself.
http://www.myspace.com/bottombracket

sunset_gun wrote:I think you'd have to be crazy to gig with any Bean, prices being what they are now.

Hmmmm.... I see what your saying but this is the exact reason they cost so much- people buying for them to gain value. I gig mine sparingly but I invested all that dough in one to have a bean- to have a beautiful sounding guitar that can do things none of my other guitars can do, not to have a guitar that cost X and will be worth Y in so many years... You may as well invest the money in a bank, shares or fine art...
Credo!

sunset_gun wrote:
holmes wrote:ill try and be quiet here

Ok, cool. I think we are all tired of hearing you act like a bitch anyway.

This is the guy who just couldn't be satisfied by his Electrical, right?

There isn't much of a difference between a tb and the egc. Oh, except price - big difference there. And the egc comes custom. Fuck - I'm going silly now knowing I don't have the cash for an egc for a few more months... ...if he's still taking orders.

And anyone see the prices on Kramers these days? Saw a guitar go for 1800. The basses are still cheap though - saw a single pu for 400.

there are differences and similarities.

you can get an egc to cut through like a tb, with a percolator and some other widgets you can probably get "that sound" some of you jokers are after, but you've got more sonic options. pretty sure the one i played had push-pull volume/tone knobs that let you bounce back and forth between single coil and humbuckers.

the necks i think are modeled more after a veleno, they're super thin. plus if you go with the egc standard, it's ALL aluminum. no wood. fuck wood. get with the program you luddites.

it's hard to separate the nostalgia and aesthetic away from the bean, but if i could i might actually like the egc better.
http://www.myspace.com/bottombracket

holmes wrote:ill try and be quiet here, despite the fact that you sound like a couple of tards.

well you tried, right? oh wait, no, you didn't try. or rather, if you tried, you fully failed.

for your reference, next time please bear in mind that the way to actually keep quiet does not involve typing or clicking "submit".

hope that helps.

and as far as Gallo, big whoop. it'll probably end with zero bids. or not. who cares?