the last band you fell in love with

Whats the most recent band you fell totally and utterly in love with?

I finally bought a minutemen album today (double nickels..) and as soon as it ended I found myself wanting to put it on again. That rarely happens the first time I hear a band. It could be the start of a long and beautiful friendship.
simmo wrote:Someone make my carrot and grapefruits smoke. Please.

the last band you fell in love with

Christ the minutemen were great.

If I understand your post, this is your first real foray into their work. If that is the case, I envy you. Double Nickles is great, as is Buzz or Howl, What Makes a Man Start Fires, and the Punch Line.

The first Scratch Acid EP came out when I was in college. I put it on for a college radio show and She Said came through and fucked my shit up for days. I listened to that record many times before someone said to me 'Birthday Party.' Then, with King Ink, it started all over again. It is a love that remains strong on both counts.

Most recently, I would have to say that the second A Frames album is the one that has hit me hardest. Their first LP does nothing for me and their most recent 7" is a garbled mess. That second LP, A Frames 2, whips the donkey's ass and throws the carcass on the grill.