Chicago Air & Water Show?

Crap
Total votes: 14 (64%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 8 (36%)
Total votes: 22

Event: Chicago Air & Water Show

japmn wrote:Last year someone told me it cost $250,000 for every day they practice and over $2,000,000 the day of in fuel costs alone.

I don't know how true that is but I bet it isn't far off.

Total Crap.

That's small change when you think about what a great PR coup this is for the military. They get to wow everyone with their fancy hardware, who walk away thinking how "cool" that stuff is and never question that a machine like the F-22 costs us $350,000,000 a piece!

By my calculation, it costs about $600/minute in fuel for each F-18 flying combat type maneuvers, and probably half that in transit. It's probably about $450-500/minute for the F-16 and F-22.

I'd figure about $72,000 in fuel for a flight of four with a 15 min performance and 30 minutes to and from the airport.
Marsupialized wrote:Right now somewhere nearby there is a fat video game nerd in his apartment fucking a pretty hot girl he met off craigslist. God bless that craig and his list.

I remember being at an air show with my dad years ago - both of us being into military aircraft.

The highlight for us was when an A-10 Thunderbolt II flew at very low altitude overhead. My brother, who was then an infant, sat in his buggy terrified of the roar, sight and feel of the tank killer hogging the sky.

My father and I loved it but it wasn't fair on the child. :wink:

I still vote crap on this "Chicago Air & Water show" - even though I have never experienced it -as being dangerous and wasteful.

Bill Murray jumps from plane at Air and Water Show

An exuberant, gold jumpsuit-clad Bill Murray landed safely on a lakefront beach after parachuting from a plane at the 50th annual Chicago Air and Water Show.

Murray said he didn't train, although he watched his weight to stay under a 240-pound requirement.

A Golden Knight jumper had tried to ease his nerves, telling Murray he'd want to repeat the jump, the actor said.

''But right now,'' Murray said, ''I really feel like having a drink.''

Come on, NOT CRAP for that alone.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1110564,murray081508.article
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

hench wrote:
hench, two years ago wrote:fucking crap. no waffles.

it's absolutely retarded to have those dudes flying that low & that fast over chicago. or any major metropolis. no matter how skilled the pilots are, mistakes happen.

http://www.univers-cite.qc.ca/tucs/crash_video/

i don't want a mistake in my city.

not to mention that i work 3 blocks from the sears tower & it scares the 9/11 out of me whenever the planes swoop through.

not to mention that the lakefront bike path is crowded enough on the weekend without 2,000,000 fucking chumpy cats hanging out.

i would have absolutely no problem with this air show were it held in the middle of nowhere.

all still true, except now i work about 3 miles south of the sears tower. still gives me the damn willies....

all still true, except now i've moved and those fuckheads fly directly above my house, close enough that i can see into their cockpits and frown at them.
henchmusic
hench-av
silver wonder