Scott Walker?

CRAP
Total votes: 5 (9%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 48 (91%)
Total votes: 53

Artist: Scott Walker

this is great news, especially if the new one is similar to tilt. there are very few records i like more than that one.

scott engel/pre-walker brothers stuff: CRAP
walker brothers: NOT CRAP, with moderate waffle factor
nite flights: very much NOT CRAP
scott 1-4, climate of hunter, tilt, pola x soundtrack: about as NOT CRAP as it gets

scott walker: NOT CRAP

i've TRIED to like Scott Walker...and while has moments that almost convince me, it has so many more that just give me the impression of what it would be like if a high school drama student made a record...mostly the music's pretty cool (and i like his instrumental stuff on the Pola X soundtrack) but when he starts singing i almost can't help but laugh or shudder...and if you would actually describe Scott Walker or Tilt to me, wrote it down on paper, i would think it was a great idea...i really think it SHOULD be good, but there's just something about it that keeps me from being able to like it...

Angry_Dragon wrote:Scott 4 is NOT CRAP
What others are worth getting?

placeholder wrote:nite flights: very much NOT CRAP
scott 1-4, climate of hunter, tilt, pola x soundtrack: about as NOT CRAP as it gets

What I said up there. Tilt is my personal favorite, but you can't go wrong with any of the ones I named.
matthew wrote:His Life and his Death gives us LIFE.......supernatural life- which is His own life because he is God and Man. This is all straight Catholicism....no nuttiness or mystical crap here.

Not sure how I missed this one....Scott Walker is a titan, a total fucking titan. A demented, untouchable motherfucker.

What a fascinating journey he is on! From teen heart-throb through dark, Brel interpreting baroque balladeer to almost unclassifiable ambient remoteness, Scott is one of the gems, no?

I mean, The Walker Brothers reform and do a bunch of MOR schmaltz, and there, on the comeback record, is The Electrician?

My favourite is Scott 3, at a push. The arrangements shimmer and the characters from the songs hang around in your mind like ghosts.

She's a haunted house, and her windows are broken
And the sad young man's gone away....

You know, Eleanor Rigby has a statue of her in Liverpool. Big Louise just exists in the vapours of London somewhere. She's the real forgotten loner.

She stands all alone, you can hear her hum softly
From her fire escape in the sky....

I will always listen out for her.

Scott Walker: Not fucking crap. Long may he haunt.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.