WTF is a Dumbleator and why is it 15k?

well I know Dumble amps can easily command $15k, and more, since many view them as the epitome of amp design, like, the absolute pinnacle, and he made very few of them. but yeah, a rackmount box, huh? I'm guessing it doesn't sell for that much. who knows. supreme voodoo commmands quite a pretty penny sometimes.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

scott wrote: supreme voodoo commmands quite a pretty penny sometimes.

I would boycott a 'Supreme Voodoo' show.

Also, I've seen several old Fender Twins and the like, modded to Dumble specs for only 1000-2000 dollars.

No amp is worth 15k, nevermind a mystery box.
Marsupialized wrote:The last time I saw her, she had some Jewish bullshit going on

ubercat wrote:You're fucking cock-tease aren't you, you little minx.

well the thing about Dumble is, he gobs up the innards of his amps with gooey shit so you can't see what the components are or the circuit or anything, and if you try and un-goo it, it destroys it. which you don't wanna do to a $15k amp. or I dunno, maybe you do.

so if that twin wasn't modded by the man himself, there's no guarantee it's anything like his magic amps made of unicorn sperm.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

scott wrote:well the thing about Dumble is, he gobs up the innards of his amps with gooey shit so you can't see what the components are or the circuit or anything, and if you try and un-goo it, it destroys it. which you don't wanna do to a $15k amp. or I dunno, maybe you do.

so if that twin wasn't modded by the man himself, there's no guarantee it's anything like his magic amps made of unicorn sperm.

I've hard about this dumble shit amps from a friend at work. what you're saying is really interesting. I would expect a life time warranty on a 15k amp. Now, if something went wrong with the amp, how is this dumble guy fixing it? i mean, if he's ungooing the amp, it would be destroyed.

btw, this friend from work heard those amps and he says they're nothing special.