New football season 2008-2009

Italy 0 - 0 France

OGC Nice has been known for its skilled goalkeepers for decades. Our current main goalkeeper has spent his entire career at OGC Nice but he is only 19. Still, he has played in first division for 2 years now, being the youngest goalkeeper of the league and saving us from the relegation last season. He plays with U21 French team too.

This summer, AS Roma, Inter Milano and Lens tried to hire him but he decided to stay in Nice (I guess for one last season).
I'm pretty sure he will be the goalkeeper for the French team in the future: Hugo LLORIS
Sylvain
---------
Stella Peel

England were incredibly average. It was workmanlike, it was professional, it won't work against good opposition. Micah Richards is still the best player, because he's the only who, when he gets the ball, isn't completely predictable.

Let's do this now, shall we:

That's the fifteen point deduction dealt with, and dealt with in style. In a bizarre way, this is a great moment for LUFC.
Twenty-four hours a week, seven days a month

Scotland 3 - 1 Lithuania

Scotland played ok in spells, but our wingers were useless. They had about 10 chances to deliver a good cross in, and either never got past the first defender, hit it too long or straight at their keeper. Our first goal was a well worked free kick, headed in by Kris Boyd (check his scoring record over his career - phenomenal).

Lithuania equalised with a penalty that was a dive. They had the best of the play at the start of the second half and probably deserved a goal, though not through being cheating cunts. Scotland then scored their second, created by substitute Shaun Maloney (who should've started) and scored by Stephen McManus. James McFadden, another second half substitute, scored the third. It was a fucker.

We face France in Paris on Wednesday. I don't expect us to win or even draw. Thierry's out though, at least that's something.

Scotland are currently 2nd in their group, above world champions Italy. If someone had said when the draw was made that we'd be in this position, I would have told them that they were an idiot.
Last edited by Nico Adie_Archive on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin

Nico Adie
Scotland 3 - 1 Lithuania

The other results in Group B on Saturday 8th September 2007 were:

Georgia 1 - 1 Ukraine;

Italy 0 - 0 France.

These three results taken together have given Scotland a realistic opportunity to qualify.

Scotland played ok in spells, but our wingers were useless.

Slovakia 2 Republic of Bleedin' Ireland 2

This stomach-churning encounter in Bratislava featured a useless Scottish winger called Aiden McGeady. Count yourself lucky that he didn't declare for your lot Nico.

I roared at the television when that Manchester United flavoured tool John O'Shea cost us another goal.

HOUSTON_M wrote:
This stomach-churning encounter in Bratislava featured a useless Scottish winger called Aiden McGeady. Count yourself lucky that he didn't declare for your lot Nico.

McGeady? Fuck him. If you're that big a Celtic fan that you choose to play for Ireland over Scotland, then fuck off. Fuck off Aidan McGeady.

He's pretty good though, Bratislava must have a curse on him. Celtic lost 5-0 to Artmedia Bratislava 3 seasons ago, and he was shite then too.
"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin

HOUSTON_M wrote:Nico Adie
Scotland 3 - 1 Lithuania

The other results in Group B on Saturday 8th September 2007 were:

Georgia 1 - 1 Ukraine;

Italy 0 - 0 France.

These three results taken together have given Scotland a realistic opportunity to qualify.

Scotland played ok in spells, but our wingers were useless.

We've got a tough run-in, 4 difficult matches to go, meeting Italy in our last match, but yeah there is a chance. We're pretty solid at the moment and scoring a few goals too.

Aiden McGeady...hmmmmm I'm not sure how I feel about him, he's a great player at times but anonymous at others. I think he's, by his own admission, a luxury player and maybe suffers from a lack of confidence. With regards his choice to play for Ireland, I cannot understand it. He's Scottish, born in Glasgow and chose to play for the counrty of his grandfather not even his father or mother! I play football with a guy who also has this attitude. Strange.

Now that's what I'm talking about

The mighty Stevenage Borough are top of the league and looking to repeat the glory of the '95-96 season when they were crowned Kings of the Conference. Of course, this time they won't be denied promotion on the basis that their ground isn't up to league football criteria.

It's looking good for the Borough. Possible fixture against the likes of the oldest professional football club in the world, Notts County, next season? That's if County don't wave to them on their way down. So far they have the unenviable record of Played 5, Won 0, Drawn 4, Lost 1. Not exactly a sterling start, and it leaves them 21st. Moreover, there's an Exodus going on. The chairman jumped ship Monday, and now Leeds legend Howard WIlkinson has stepped down frmo his role as Technical Director. Things are looking pretty bad.

Well, at least we surely have Nottingham Forest to put this great city back on the map, no? What with them being favourites for the League One title, and having an all star cast'n'all. Well, er, no actually. They're languishing one place above the relegation zone in 20th, without a victory. Looks like Colind Calderwood is living on borrowed time.

Still, at least Stevo are showing the world what's what!
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.