Listen to each others bands...

rayj wrote:
voerking wrote:i've lurked occasionally around these parts for a long time, but finally got around to registering...
i'm in this band:
http://www.myspace.com/grandulena

Hey! It's good to see you here! My old (terrible) band practiced down the hall from you fellows for awhile (off Arsenal). We used to stop playing just to listen to you...

The photo on the 'myspace audio player' appears to be the building next to Off Broadway. Fun times in that building!

Glenn W. Turner wrote:
The photo on the 'myspace audio player' appears to be the building next to Off Broadway. Fun times in that building!

You aren't talking about that ancient deathtrap Shiva practiced in for awhile, are you? The one with wholly ungrounded power? Where we routinely plugged in several high -powered tube bass-and-guitar amps? The white spark-face microphone kissing routine?

Glenn W. Turner wrote:The photo on the 'myspace audio player' appears to be the building next to Off Broadway. Fun times in that building!

that's the building we have practiced in for the last five , or six years. the picture is our album cover that my brother painted.
rayj wrote:You aren't talking about that ancient deathtrap Shiva practiced in for awhile, are you? The one with wholly ungrounded power? Where we routinely plugged in several high -powered tube bass-and-guitar amps? The white spark-face microphone kissing routine?

it has been rehabbed a bit, because it got raided & had to get up to code, but the power is still attrocious. when darin unplugs his amp, the breaker trips - every time.

For those partial to the jam:
The Ultrasonic Project, with magilla on bass, is Playing the Kinetic Playground on Thursday as part of the Dead Net Jam. It's a celebration of the Grateful Dead and related music, which I guess we are. Sorta. Not really. But lots of great acts are going on with us as well. Expect a full night of great music - the highlight, of course, being those funky cats with the turntablist.
Kinetic Playground
1113 Lawrence (off red line)
Thurs Sept 20
7:30 till way late

voerking wrote:
Glenn W. Turner wrote:The photo on the 'myspace audio player' appears to be the building next to Off Broadway. Fun times in that building!

that's the building we have practiced in for the last five , or six years. the picture is our album cover that my brother painted.
rayj wrote:You aren't talking about that ancient deathtrap Shiva practiced in for awhile, are you? The one with wholly ungrounded power? Where we routinely plugged in several high -powered tube bass-and-guitar amps? The white spark-face microphone kissing routine?

it has been rehabbed a bit, because it got raided & had to get up to code, but the power is still attrocious. when darin unplugs his amp, the breaker trips - every time.

We were there around ten years ago. Glenn and I set up a couple of 'power electronic'-type noise sessions there...one was most notable for being so unbelievably loud that we had to listen to it from the street outside. If you know the thickness of those walls, and add to that the fact we were on the second floor, well...it was loud. Fun. Probably dangerous...

Fantasy line-up gig I would fly back to St. Louis to see: Grand Ulena/Yowie/The Psychic Paramount/Man Igno/Phut. Hell, I would contribute to the guarantee fund.

Here is a bit of publicity....

One of my best friend has a band, they recently did their first gig, which was part of an art exhibition, they played outdoor in a giant dollhouse in the swiss countryside.

Probably some of you will enjoy watching it....

The band is Bandini.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WatHKXXSQCQ
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_1uTbpP8Bbw

With my band Ventura, we played there as well, so you can find our videos as well.
But check Bandini first, their music is so fucking good!!!!
music