New football season 2008-2009

Nico Adie wrote:Hearts 4-2 Rangers

First time in 71 years that Hearts have scored 4 against the Huns in a league game. We dominated the entire game, Andy Driver and Ibrahim Tall scoring fuckers in the first half. 2-0 HT.

Rangers started the second half well and won a penalty, which they scored. Hearts were then awarded a penaly and Michael Stewart scored it. Ivaskevicius scored the 4th, Allan McGregor (who should have been sent off for a horrible challenge on Calum Elliot) should have saved it. DeMarcus Beasley (a yank!) scored the dirty Huns second, but after that they never had another chance.

EASY! EASY! EASY!

MON THE JAMBOS.

Also, well done Leeds!

Harsh use of the dirty hun terminology, but a deserved win for Hearts. Smith chisse his team in between two difficult games, Scotland - France and Rangers' Champs league game against Stuttgart. But as my old man says rest the fucking players after the match is won.

The 'tic martch on relentless. Another 5 goal rout.

daniel robert chapman wrote:
night_tools wrote:As far as I know, West Ham are sometimes known as 'The Academy'.

I think that's what I was thinking of, and then it's Everton who do the science thing.

My rationale for supporting the Hammers is Frank McAvennie's hairstyle circa 1986. Compared to that I'd say the bacon theory is pretty solid.

No arguments here on either point:

McAvennie was and continues to be a complete and utter wanker. He's a Ned. How the sporting and media establishments still find it within themselves to provide him with employment and accolades absolutely perplexes me. One of the most distasteful characters in the history of Scottish sport.

Josef K wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:
night_tools wrote:As far as I know, West Ham are sometimes known as 'The Academy'.

I think that's what I was thinking of, and then it's Everton who do the science thing.

My rationale for supporting the Hammers is Frank McAvennie's hairstyle circa 1986. Compared to that I'd say the bacon theory is pretty solid.

No arguments here on either point:

McAvennie was and continues to be a complete and utter wanker. He's a Ned. How the sporting and media establishments still find it within themselves to provide him with employment and accolades absolutely perplexes me. One of the most distasteful characters in the history of Scottish sport.

No argument from me on that point. I got his 'autobiography' in Oxfam and got about 2 chapters in before abandoning it in disgust. What a twat.
arthur wrote:Don't cut it for work don't cut it to look normal, people who feel offended by your nearly-30-with-long-hair face should just fuck off.

solum wrote:So much for scottish football.

Is anyone lese watching the celtic match? it's 2-0 to shaktar after 8 minutes :(:(:(:(:(

Watched it. If Hartley had been playing in the holding role from the start I doubt it would've been the same result. I'm surprised Strachan set the team up the way he did.
"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin

Nico Adie wrote:

Is anyone lese watching the celtic match? it's 2-0 to shaktar after 8 minutes :(:(:(:(:(

Watched it. If Hartley had been playing in the holding role from the start I doubt it would've been the same result. I'm surprised Strachan set the team up the way he did.

Managers eh? Vain bastards, always tinkering with team selection.

Shaktar looked quite good though.

Gers tomorrow night. Gulp!

Nico Adie wrote:

Dead on.

The Forest v Leicester game in the Carling Cup was replayed tonight, after the first game was called off when a Leicester player suffered two heart attacks (and recovered, happily).

Leicester won, but the game began in bizarre circumstances. Forest had been leading the first game 1-0 when Clive Clarke fell ill, and so the game tonight began with Forest's keeper being giving a free ride to score straight from the kick off (that's a link to the BBC report). Apparently the teams arranged it twenty minutes before kick off; personally, I'm looking forward to the YouTube footage.

And yeah, good on all of these people. Forest were good for their lead and nobody could help what happened to Clarke. It's a fair way to acknowledge Forest's half-time advantage in the first game but give Leicester ninety minutes to turn it over. It's a shame that it takes heart attacks to remember that not everyone in football is a twat, but still warming to the cockles when it turns out this way.
Twenty-four hours a week, seven days a month