favorite movie scenes

John CIV wrote:
enframed wrote:
dontfeartheringo wrote:
Mr. Graham wrote:"What about our relationship?"

"Fuck that!"

Repo Man?

talk radio. brilliant film.

Talk Radio is a thoroughly brilliant film, but this exchange is from the end of Repo Man.

ah, well, talk radio has some very similar dialog, the scene in which barry tells his wife that his radio show is more important than their marriage.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

favorite movie scenes

John CIV wrote:
the$inmusicisallmine wrote:
Pasha the Pom wrote:In Pulp Fiction, when Bruce Willis says, "Feel that sting, big boy? That's pride, fuckin' with ya!"

That's not Bruce Willis saying it, it is Fucking Marcellus Wallace saying that TO Bruce Willis.

here's the dialogue:

A hand lays an envelope full of money on the table in front
of Butch. Butch picks it up.

MARSELLUS (O.S.)
Now the night of the fight, you may
fell a slight sting, that's pride
fuckin' wit ya. Fuck pride! Pride
only hurts, it never helps. Fight
through that shit. 'Cause a year
from now, when you're kickin' it in
the Caribbean you're gonna say,
"Marsellus Wallace was right."

BUTCH
I got no problem with that.

Bruce says it to the other guy when he's punching him in the face on the floor of the gimpkeeper's shop.

Pwned.

favorite movie scenes

Blade Runner: “I've seen things...” speech.

Apocalypse Now: “I've seen horrors...” speech.

The Thing (1982): the blood test scene.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974): the night scene, when Leatherface jumps out and kills Franklin with the chainsaw.

Mondays in the Sun: the last scene, when they just finish the film as the started: fuck-up.

Taxi Driver: Martin Scorsese's cameo. When Travis pushes TV over with foot.

The Royal Tenenbaums: full of great scenes, but the "Judy is a Punk” one is my favorite.

favorite movie scenes

The moment when Kathleen Byron comes out of the seraglio toward Deborah Kerr ringing the bell at the end of Black Narcissus.

I only watched it for the first time recently, but this film has gone straight into my all time top five. It's an weird, camp, melodramatic Technicolor potboiler that's also an unquestionable technical, aesthetic and cinematic masterpiece.

I can't stop blathering on about quite how good it is, actually.

favorite movie scenes

johnnyshape wrote:The moment when Kathleen Byron comes out of the seraglio toward Deborah Kerr ringing the bell at the end of Black Narcissus.

I only watched it for the first time recently, but this film has gone straight into my all time top five. It's an weird, camp, melodramatic Technicolor potboiler that's also an unquestionable technical, aesthetic and cinematic masterpiece.

I can't stop blathering on about quite how good it is, actually.

Fantastic scene in a fantastic movie. If you haven't seen it, I also recommend Powell & Pressburger's The Red Shoes.
My grunge/northwest rock blog