New football season 2008-2009

night_tools wrote:
Quick diversion from the main thread.... what's your all-time favourite football shirt?

There have been a lot of good ones over the years, from teams I don't normally support. Currently in the Premier League, Birmingham has an excellent one. Overall though I tend to go for some classics, from watching certain players when growing up. Let's see:

St. Etienne 70's

Crystal Palace #6

One of the last of the pre-sponsor Liverpool shirts, worn by one of the reasons I started playing football.

Liverpool have also had some of the ugliest shirts of all time.

The Football Shirts Hall of Shame is a good site to visit for some of the more tragic kits to have come out from many a club.

Quite fond of the third away from Liverpool in 98. Have always liked the Colin Bell era Man City shirts. Always liked the hoops of both Reading and of course Celtic. And think that from a graphic design standpoint Nottingham Forest currently have the best:

...and it's a shame they can't just have that on their kit, instead of pinnacle or capital one or whatever it currently is. I think it would improve their team immeasurably. Always a pleasure to hear the Trent End just chanting "FOR-EST".

New football season 2008-2009

Ramos to take over at the beginning of next season? I'm not sure he'll still be interested if they're a Championship side....

The whole affair has just been so sordid and underhand. How was Jol meant to organise and motivate a team when his authority had been fundamentally and completely undermined by Spurs representatives meeting with Ramos?

I will miss Martin Jol, if only because listening to him speak was such a pleasure.

"Shexy Football"

We'll take him at Stevenage Borough, if he's got nowt better to do....
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.