Free Software to Read Sound Designer 1 files?

I'm pretty sure that my friend running the studio has Pro Tools, but he is running it on PC not Mac

Here's his studio's myspace page, I think it lists his gear and software somewhere.

Sorry for the god-awful shit bands he ends up recording. I'm afraid there aren't to many good ones around here.

Edit: I will be using a PC for this work, which I have volunteered to do for him.
Last edited by o_d_m_Archive on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free Software to Read Sound Designer 1 files?

If your friend has a copy of Cool Edit or Adobe Audition, he should be able to read these files with either of those apps. You only need to know the sample rate and bit depth of the files, and then you can force the app to read the raw PCM data, with Motorola/big-endian byte order specified if they were written with a Mac, or Intel/little-endian byte order specified if they were written with a PC. However, if you specify the wrong sample rate, bit depth or byte order, you'll end up with either mis-pitched audio or white noise. Sometimes you can guess at the parameters until you end up with what you know to be the correct audio.
http://www.saffmastering.com