What s the Ultimate Love Song?

I was listening to Martha by Tom Waits earlier. That's a pretty awesome love song. A young man singing about being an old man remembering what it was like to be a young man and in love. And it got me thinking about love songs.

I've just been listening to Always On My Mind on youtube. Willie Nelson and Elvis but not pet shop boys. Haven't heard that version since I was a kid and don't want to.

Anyway, I think this is at least in the top five.
simmo wrote:Someone make my carrot and grapefruits smoke. Please.

Rotten Tanx wrote:
Arson Smith wrote:Damn - only 10 minutes elapsed between initial post, and full-on Marsupialization...

I'm impressed actually. I figured the first reply would say "too drunk to fuck" or something equally as "hilarious" (that's what I would have done).

Exactly. My first thought was Slayer's "Angel of Death", but Marsup's post really couldn't be more perfect. I mean - dear fucking Christ. There's so much wrong with that photo I just... can't even process it all. Well played.

Rotten Tanx wrote:I'm impressed actually. I figured the first reply would say "too drunk to fuck" or something equally as "hilarious" (that's what I would have done).

Yeah, I have to admit that I immediately thought of that tender ol' tearjerker "She Fucks Me":

Ween wrote:I met her at the Living Earth Show.
She crossed the room, the lights sank low.
We're together, she really digs me.
She fucks me.

Who would think I could be so happy?
When I'm cold, I know she's keepin' me warm.
She fucks me.

She's in my arms, she's in my heart.
Pins and needles up and down my spine.
She fucks me.

Rotten Tanx wrote:I think She Fucks Me is a great love song. But specifically for people who are in a fairly new relationship and aren't ready to assign songs about eternal love as "their song" or what have you.

Truly agreed - and if you've never heard any of the renditions where they were backed by the country band ("Stu Basore on pedal steel, ladies and gentlemen!") then you're really missing out...
it might even choke you up a little bit.

(seriously!)