studio share available in Brooklyn

bare minimum of two weekday nights available, sometimes three, weekend TBD

Gretsch kit provided (no cymbals)

Logic Pro equipped mac provided

15th and 2nd ave, closest train station is Smith/9th F/G

It is the best practice space I have rented. A/C is cold in the summer, heat is reasonable in the winter, secure, etc.

$310/month available December 1st

pm for details

hey vockins we just moved into a space really close to you. maybe we can toss a few back at hank's one of these nights.

our space is on 3rd ave near atlantic, $200/mo for 2 nights a week. the slots are shitty since we're the newbies but we'll jockey for position as people move out. NO heat or AC but it honestly wasn't that bad. and since it's pretty cheap we can just go to an hourly space in the sweltering heat or bitter cold if we need to and still spend less than we used to. do you want me to ask if they need another band?
http://www.myspace.com/bottombracket

vockins wrote:
yaledelay wrote:I for some reason had to chuckle at this as my rent is $225 a month...

If you're in NY, give me a pm with the contact info.

no I am in Milwaukee, and the rent for my apartment is $225.00 a month or $675 a month for a whole upper of a house split 3 ways, complete with attic and 1/2 a basement, what people pay for rent in other parts of the country makes me chuckle...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

yaledelay wrote:
vockins wrote:
yaledelay wrote:I for some reason had to chuckle at this as my rent is $225 a month...

If you're in NY, give me a pm with the contact info.

no I am in Milwaukee, and the rent for my apartment is $225.00 a month or $675 a month for a whole upper of a house split 3 ways, complete with attic and 1/2 a basement, what people pay for rent in other parts of the country makes me chuckle...

Do the wait staff at Milwaukee's restaurant also have such a good sense of humor? How about the doyen at the Museum of Cheese? I bet she's a SCREAM.
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture

burun wrote:
yaledelay wrote:no I am in Milwaukee, and the rent for my apartment is $225.00 a month or $675 a month for a whole upper of a house split 3 ways, complete with attic and 1/2 a basement, what people pay for rent in other parts of the country makes me chuckle...

Yeah, and those of us who work three jobs sure do appreciate you laughing at our expense.

You choose to live there, come to Milwaukee, and live on the cheep...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

As much as I enjoy the rent prices in WI, the lack of culture is appalling.

Also, people who live in places with a higher cost of living usually receive wages that at least somewhat make up for it. I would probably make $6.50 or $7 an hour working a retail job in Milwaukee. Around here, it's almost always at least $9-10.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert