studio share available in Brooklyn

Mandroid2.0 wrote:As much as I enjoy the rent prices in WI, the lack of culture is appalling.

Also, people who live in places with a higher cost of living usually receive wages that at least somewhat make up for it. I would probably make $6.50 or $7 an hour working a retail job in Milwaukee. Around here, it's almost always at least $9-10.

most retail jobs in mke are about $8-$12... in GB its less of course... I can make a short treck to Chicago if there is something I really need to see...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

yaledelay wrote:no I am in Milwaukee, and the rent for my apartment is $225.00 a month or $675 a month for a whole upper of a house split 3 ways, complete with attic and 1/2 a basement, what people pay for rent in other parts of the country makes me chuckle...

And I laugh at the time and money people in other parts of the country spend on automobiles, so I guess we're even.

hogrot wrote:i dunno i bitch about it constantly but i do love new york, i'd rather be a small fish in a big pond, rather be broke and excited than comfortable and bored.

I disagree with this, there are plenty of good bands in Milwaukee, good places to see shows, good movie theaters since mke has a good underground film scene, and I as I said if there is something I really want to see travel to Chicago is cheep and painless via train/car, as matter of fact many people from this board travel up to Milwaukee to see shows from time to time...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

vockins wrote:And I laugh at the time and money people in other parts of the country spend on automobiles, so I guess we're even.

you can live in Milwaukee without a car, I know many people who do... its kind of a pain to get around. But I agree the prices people pay for super nice cars and insurence on the cars is something to chuckle about...
Ty Webb wrote:

$4000/month?!

Come on, let's not get hyperbolic. We live in Brooklyn, split a $1500/month rent tab on a pretty decent-sized apartment in a brownstone. We're a mile from the train and that's a 7-minute ride to the city. And we own a car.

The biggest bitch about NYC is if you actually want to be a homeowner, because saving up the down payment on a typical place here is a long, uphill slog.
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture