Selling a Veleno?

Medical bills, taxes, etc. have me considering selling Veleno #133.

I sincerely hate to even consider this but I am. What would be the best route? I don't care for eBay much but I obviously want to get top dollar.

Suggestions, besides "Har har I will give you a small amount of money for it or trade it for (insert non-humorous object or service here) are welcome.

Selling a Veleno?

Why don't you sell it to Electrical Audio and add to their collection of Velenos? (I have a feeling this is a moronic suggestion, but you know...)
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Selling a Veleno?

You could try getting in touch with Music Ground in the UK. The shop is total scum, but they might well give you a decent price. They had a Veleno in there a couple of years ago (I think it might have been Ike Turners? or maybe Sonny Bono? someone formerly from a famous husband/wife pop act anyway) that they were asking a ludicrous sum of money for. I forget exactly how much but some number of thousand pounds. They also have a find a guitar service so if any of their retarded wealthy customers have a search on for a Veleno they will put you in touch.

http://www.musicground.com/

Selling a Veleno?

You will get the most for it from Vincent Gallo or on eBay. Dealing with Vincent Gallo is almost certainly annoying, but you do what you must.

Try to list it on multiple eBay servers (.de, .uk, etc) if possible. Give the auction plenty of time, post a discrete mention of it on guitar geek sites and cross your fingers.

I would suggest having no reserve, but a starting bid well below what you would take. It should look like a bargain on first notice, which will attract the interest of people who will pay much more. There is a Veleno that appears on eBay now and again with a minimum of $20,000 and nobody ever sniffs at it.
Last edited by steve_Archive on Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.

Selling a Veleno?

Yeah, I've seen that one on eBay.

Mine has a small amount of plating-lift around the pickup holes, a Bigsby, original crappy case and the black finish on the neck.

I have no idea what it should go for, thank you for the suggestions. Vince, if you're reading this, drop me a line.

Selling a Veleno?

greg wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:Why don't you sell it to Electrical Audio and add to their collection of Velenos?

No. He should try to get as much money for it as he can.

I'm afraid I don't know much about Velenos or their worth. If they're worth as much as some Travis Beans are, then my suggestion was almost certainly stupid.

How much money are people willing to spend on them?
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.