FireStudio compatibility with FirePod

Does anyone know if you can daisy-chain these two cross-generation products. I'm led to believe the FireStudio is the same as the FirePod but with more bells and whistles, but can't get the details.

Have a FirePod and want to know if I can piggy-back it onto a FireStudio the way I could with another pod.
Brian McNeil, BA, MA, PhD drop out,

I'm just a thousand monkeys with typewriters.

FireStudio compatibility with FirePod

I have only had one issue with my firepod... It died. When I called tech support from the site, they gave me a RA# and after 3 weeks I got it back.

It was supposed to be fixed. something about a bad Cap. Well I hooked it up and It still did not work. Called Tech support and got very, very pissy. He gave me some shit about how sometimes Firepods can get damaged when they are in return shipping form the Tech department. I said he was full of shit and not to lie to me. He replied, i'm being monitored for your convenience..... hmm so I guess he has to say shit like that...

He apologized Gave me a RA# again and said they would change out the mainboard or replace the unit.. The also paid for the shipping. I was unhappy but what could I do.

After two weeks I got it back. Worked fine. But the tech note inside said they had to replace three parts and not just a Cap. And the mainboard was not replaced nor the unit.

From my experience, Presonus products are a great value for the money. TECH SUPPORT SUCKS!!!! I use the firepod with a MAC OSX 10.4 running DP 5.1. I have also used it with a PC running cubase SX3. But the PC install was pain in the ass. I had to buy several firewire cards, and still can only record with two channels at a time. Cubase will read 8 channels but The I/O has issues.

I did use a firebox before I had the firepod. Never had any problems. I sold it and used the cash on a firebox on craigslist. Paid $350 when the list was $599.00 so I am satisfied. I would have been pissed if I paid more, and they did not transfer the warranty.

Be warned. Now the firepod is discontinued, but called something else. this may effect the warranty on firepods.... don't know yet....