Burial, maker of music

Crap
Total votes: 31 (69%)
Not crap
Total votes: 14 (31%)
Total votes: 45

Musical concern: Burial

I wouldn't take Steve's opinion of this or that electronic music any more seriously than I would Jay-Z's opinion of this or that doom metal band.

Haven't yet listened to Burial, though I've definitely seen the name around, on Bleep and Boomkat and whatnot.

Any relation to Rhythm & Sound?

Just gave this fella's new one a cursory listen. Based on that I have to vote CRAP. I just can't stand the vocals. Whatever else is going on doesn't matter to me-- those vocals are a huge turn off.

Oh, and as for the R&S connection, I was thinking of the label Burial Mix.

I like dubstep. Yeah, I said it.

Burial is okay. As everyone's pointed out, he seems to be harking back to some lost era of UK garage, whereas I prefer the more stripped down grime-influenced producers.

I have a compilation, Dubstep Allstars Volume something or other. It's pretty good. If any of you are interested I could upload it.

Far as I'm concerned, grime was the most vital and exciting thing to come out of the UK in a long, long time. Dubstep is, as far as I know, the first sizeable genre to be really influenced by it.

It's a shame there's a culture of total morons surrounding it though. If I ever have another conversation with someone at a party who says 'Yeah mate, dubstep. It's like, wooooah, fuckin' beats man. Yeah? Yeah? You know it, mate. I'm fuckin'. Yeah. You like, fuckin', dubstep, yeah?' I will hurt someone.

People are stupid though. They ruin everything. I will continue to listen to dubstep, on my own, in my room. Me, a geeky white guy. I am laughable.

Anyway, Burial is Not Crap, high waffles.

sharko wrote:Sounds like another wanker with Reason™.

Jeremy wrote:Yes, perfume commercial.

NerblyBear wrote:Whoa, this music is boring as hell. Takes no talent at all to come up with something like this.

EA: Premier Rock Forum
"forget talking about electronic music here"

Ekkssvvppllott wrote:I wouldn't take Steve's opinion of this or that electronic music any more seriously than I would Jay-Z's opinion of this or that doom metal band.

my thoughts exactly.
so yeah, i'm a pussy.

NerblyBear wrote:Takes no talent at all to come up with something like this.
I swear to god I've done this rant before, so I'll leave it here:

The quoted statement is one that can only be made by someone with total ignorance of the music in question, its aesthetic, and (most significantly) the process of its creation.
http://www.myspace.com/leopoldandloebchicago

Linus Van Pelt wrote:I subscribe to neither prong of your false dichotomy.

Antero wrote:
NerblyBear wrote:Takes no talent at all to come up with something like this.
I swear to god I've done this rant before, so I'll leave it here:

The quoted statement is one that can only be made by someone with total ignorance of the music in question, its aesthetic, and (most significantly) the process of its creation.

Yeah, even if you don't care at all for the music in question, that's a patently ignorant statement.