could play their instruments very well
could sing very well
could write songs very well
could make records very well
sounded great on the radio, in a car, or in a bar, anywhere else
got more chicks than Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones put together
had/did more/better drugs than anyone else

definitely, Not Crap.

While I don't think they're the greatest band of all-time by a long shot, I never could understand the hatred towards the eagles.

Is it some kind of penis envy cause they sold more records that many great indie LABELS combined? Is it cause Henley is a wanker and that he got to bone Stevie Nicks?

As I don't understand the hatred towards them, I have to judge them soley on what I hear and based on the quality of the musicianship, songwriting, engineering/production and live performance, I have to vote not crap. 8)

Band: The Eagles

krakabash wrote:The Eagles:

could sing very well
could write songs very well....

I cannot for the life of me find it, but there is a post by tmidgett (I think) in which he mentions all of these things, then mentions that they never once rocked. They never even came close to rocking during any second of any song. Ever.

The skill with which the Eagles impossibly packed shit is almost admirable.
Last edited by Tree_Archive on Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Band: The Eagles

Tree wrote:
krakabash wrote:The Eagles:

could sing very well
could write songs very well....

I cannot for the life of me find it, but there is a post by tmidgett (I think) in which he mentions all of these things, then mentions that they never once rocked. They never even came close to rocking during any second of any song. Ever.

Oh, I dunno, "Life in the Fast Lane" comes close to almost sounding like a not-unreasonable simulacrum of rock-and-roll.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.