The Sub-Prime Blowout And The Con Man Exodus

Happy New Year Clocker Bob aka Rick Rubin

It is time to give you a "tip o the hat"

You have given a lot of useful info in the last year on this and it is appreciated.

It has been neat to see the consensus move from "your living in a dream world" and my sister who is a broker says "your a idiot" to a place were everyone admitts you right. Even people who disagreed now say they agreed with your idea and now it is just how bad they believe situation will get.

I got a report from Fla. that they had almost 40,000 defalts last year - 07 the highest on record and expect each month to be higher this year - 08. Florda is a state you can go into legaly go into bankruptsy and keep your house.

In New York the state legislature is trying to set up a fund to bridge people through a renegotionation of their loans.

Looks like you do have reason to crow you hit the center of the target with this one.

Rick Reuben wrote:
eephour wrote:so whats going to be the end result of all this? breadlines?

Impossible to tell. That's what makes it so exciting. In two days, we enter what is supposed to be the final year of the most lawless, sadistic and destructive administration in this country's history- and, to increase the suspense, the economy is on bald tires and receiving emergency transfusions of liquidity almost daily, in an effort to control problems caused by excessive credit in the first place. Very exciting.

If this was a movie, you would expect the whole thing to end in a shootout worthy of Sam Peckinpaugh.

What's the most similar historical precendent? 80's S&L? Great Depression? Obviously circumstances differ to some degree.
D. Perino deduced: "The Cuban Missile Crisis?...“It had to do with Cuba and missiles, I’m pretty sure.”

Rick Reuben wrote:
Big John wrote:I can hear the sound of a thousand plungers today. Greenspan style corporate stock buy back. You will not fall if you don't look down.

This shit is so funny. The elites flooded the Monday newscasts with stockmarket doom news, and of course, they already knew the Fed was going to cut because they *are* the Fed. But the small investors panicked like you said out of the gate this morning and gave the big boys nice prices on blue chips. I bet that immediate 400+ point drop this morning was generated by small investors selling to institutionals.

The elites gobbled up the sell orders of the small investors and then stabilized the Dow by pumping money into futures. Now, everyone who sold first thing this am is looking at the shares they used to own back up 2-3% over what they sold at. They'll probably buy the shares right back at the new higher price. Nice profit mechanism that the elites and their media pals have cooked up.

Either way, Bernanke drove another stake into the dollar. Dollar index down 3.5% last time I checked.

Here's something I read on a different board:
paladin wrote:I can tell you right now that the majority of Americans do not understand the stock market, or the economy. They work for a living and pay their bills, with their free time they watch TV, play video games, go shopping, talk on their cell phone and think their lives are the most important thing in the world going on at that moment. They do not understand nor care about the world we live in as long as they can sip on their Starbucks, and watch TV. Reading books, newspapers, or studying to better themselves is Taboo and considered stupid and a waste of time. The elite have programed our society to work this way and boy are they profiting from it.

A lot of bargain gold out there this morning, too, but now gold is soaring again.

Street.com walks the tightrope between selling fear and selling reassurance

Can't get enough of Brittany Umar and Farnoosh Turabi at street.com

Maybe this will breath new life into the Ron Paul campaign, but since that would require voters to recognize that the Fed's reckless credit policies are to blame, I won't hold my breath.

Rick, while I don't believe that there is a concerted effort between the press and the fed, I do believe that sometimes you do get it right. This is one of those times. The little investor lost big time today. The fear mongering press has a lot to do with that. Also, the fact the dow lost over 400 points this morning was enough to scare the little guy to death even without the media hype.
I still hate Ron Paul, but I'm beginning to see his appeal to people. I don't think today will give his campaign anymore traction, but you never know.
The dollar will bounce back, but wow, it sure is fucked for the short term.

While I don't pretend that many people will read this, if you or someone you know needs to get out of an ARM now is the best time to do it. 30 year fixed rates (good credit/less than 417,000 loan size) are at their lowest rates in 3 plus years. For snizzle.

I think I would disagree with you in some context of what has happened today. I do think that people unloaded believeing a big drop and that the fed interviened. I think that individual companies and hedge funds were instructed to buy back their stock to establish a false "bottom". Particlularly int the number stocks the "Dow 30 and the Fortune 500" This is to indicate that there is a consensus of a botttom. The short term gains are still lower than what they were worth on Friday. This buy order put in by companies to buy their own stock keeps the drop from being so large in numbers. I do not think that this is a short term profet gambet but more of a rigged way to show a level of stability with manipulation. Look at the volume on Citicorp and wonder what they did with all that saudi liquidy today to keep the stock from bottoming out.

As far as getting a fixed mortgage anyone who qualified for one probibly got one when they bought. But negotiating one could be a good thing depending on what the valuation drop of property arround you is.