Looking for Lomo 19a-13

I looked for mine for about three years. Best of luck with the search. I've seen a total of six for sale in the last six years. There is one for sale at one of the Guitar Center stores in California, but they want seven grand for it. (And they have entirely too much in it, so don't expect to talk them down on it.) That's the only one I know of that's currently available.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Looking for Lomo 19a-13

cgarges wrote:I looked for mine for about three years. Best of luck with the search. I've seen a total of six for sale in the last six years. There is one for sale at one of the Guitar Center stores in California, but they want seven grand for it. (And they have entirely too much in it, so don't expect to talk them down on it.) That's the only one I know of that's currently available.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Aside from The GC one what has been the average price?

Looking for Lomo 19a-13

Seven grand? My balls.

19a13s are a nice-ass mic, but I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for any Soviet-era Russian mic. There's absolutely no evidence they will hold their value, and there's about a million little variations in each model.

Keep an eye out. Maybe ask Skipper at BLUE, who used to scavenge them from all over eastern europe before they started making their own.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.

Looking for Lomo 19a-13

otisroom wrote:Aside from The GC one what has been the average price?

With them appearing about once a year and with the value increasing each time, it's hard to put an "average" value on them. The last one I saw for sale (aside from the GC mic) went for $2000.

steve wrote:Seven grand? My balls.

Agreed. You might be entertained by where they got it, but I'm not going to post that information here.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Looking for Lomo 19a-13

cgarges wrote:
otisroom wrote:Aside from The GC one what has been the average price?

With them appearing about once a year and with the value increasing each time, it's hard to put an "average" value on them. The last one I saw for sale (aside from the GC mic) went for $2000.

steve wrote:Seven grand? My balls.

Agreed. You might be entertained by where they got it, but I'm not going to post that information here.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Dude you can't tease us like that. Have a heart.